• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

> > > SnoWest says THANK YOU to our "Most Active" members!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Christopher, don't know if I qualify for a lifetime or not(didn't see a PM about it) but, for those who did get one, anyway for them to donate the rest of their current membership(that they paid up for) to someone(of their choice) who doesn't have a membership? Just think that would be a cool way to get regular guys involved and who knows, once they try it they may continue the membership down the road..Mike

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, don't know if I qualify for a lifetime or not(didn't see a PM about it) but, for those who did get one, anyway for them to donate the rest of their current membership(that they paid up for) to someone(of their choice) who doesn't have a membership? Just think that would be a cool way to get regular guys involved and who knows, once they try it they may continue the membership down the road..Mike
Oh ya, looks like you solidly qualify.

Your badge should be showing lifetime.

There is no automated mechanism that could handle your suggestion.
At best it would have to be done by hand by me on a one on one basis.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Thanks Christopher,
Well how about those who want too, that got a life time membership, can they pm you and donate whats left of their membership to someone? I know its al lot of work for you, but I think it would benefit the site in the long run..

Tonysnoo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 6, 2004
No. Nevada
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but im concerned. I understand rewarding participation, but often times to get some meaningful data, I have to weed through a lot of mis-information put out by poser posters. Many of them have tons and tons of posts, but little worth reading. They will be quickly be rewarded for taking up server space that we support.

I wish you had some means of rewarding some of the contributors, based on thanks, or good feedback, or what ever measure of substance.

Maybe if everyone posted like crazy, then everyone would have a lifetime free site.:typing:

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but im concerned. I understand rewarding participation, but often times to get some meaningful data, I have to weed through a lot of mis-information put out by poser posters. Many of them have tons and tons of posts, but little worth reading. They will be quickly be rewarded for tthroughaking up server space that we support.

I wish you had some means of rewarding some of the contributors, based on thanks, or good feedback, or what ever measure of substance.

Maybe if everyone posted like crazy, then everyone would have a lifetime free site.:typing:[/QUOTE

... you see, the website looks better to advertisers with inflated post numbers, and with more premium memberships. People selling ads can simply tell companies that there are X amount of people posting on the site, and that there are x amount of memberships. Hence they can charge more... brilliant concept, I admit, but some can see through the "free" upgrade...

Ace

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
... you see, the website looks better to advertisers with inflated post numbers, and with more premium memberships. People selling ads can simply tell companies that there are X amount of people posting on the site, and that there are x amount of memberships. Hence they can charge more... brilliant concept, I admit, but some can see through the "free" upgrade...

Ace
Nice try Ace.
But you just Crashed and Burned.

Harris Publishing and their advertising department had NOTHING whatsoever to do with my decision to give away these upgrades.
Zip, Nada, Nothing..

They were not in the loop in any way whatsoever..

Giving away these upgrades will not likely make our top posters post more.
They are already the top posters, whether they be Free, Premium or Life likely doesn't make any difference at all.

I did this purely as a way of saying THANKS to each of them for being a highly active participant.

Sorry to dash your conspiracy theory.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
as per my first post, I will stand on my soapbox and STILL say that rewarding those that have been around the longest should have been treated right... not just the post whores.

... no biggie, wouldn't have even commented if you wouldn't have sent an email telling us what a nice thing you did!

... and no conspiracy theory! BUT thanks for thinking so! I was actually giving you a compliment...

Have a nice day, Christopher.

Ace

Premium Features