• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ctec 2 exhaust

dw8

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2012
Ran my sled this year bone stock to get a good feel for it before making changes. I ride mostly in Maine between 2-4000 feet if that matters. What is everybody running for a can? I love the idea of shedding 15 pounds. And opening up space under the plastics. On my last ride I threw a MBRP on from my 13 and it gave the sled a hesitation. I drove right back to the trailer and swapped it out. I don't want to buy a titanium can and get a hesitation. I'd love to hear what people used this year and how much they liked them. Sounds like Jaws and Diamond S are fan favorites.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thing cooker, gets my vote.
I have not ran it so, not sure if it affects throttle but cooking food in the mountains is awesome!

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
bwahahahaha
face-icon-small-tongue.gif
x2

B
Feb 21, 2016
MN
Put a speedwerx l2 can on my 18 last year right when I bought it.i have not felt any hesitation and sounds awesome! Might go with a ggb trail can on my alpha this year to try something different.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
I live in Maine as well and think I'm going to try the new Diamond S stainless. Problem with the L2 or HPS is Fish and Game will be on you like flies on poop, they really are cutting down and unless you ride strictly in the woods they will stop anything that sounds the least bit "modified".

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
Diamond S is top shelf! I couldn't justify the cost so I went SSI Ti can. Love it. Not too loud but has a nice "Braapy" sound. And the cost fit my budget being a husband, dad and provider.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Running an SSI TI can and experienced fairly frequent hesitations on the bottom end, nothing brutal but im picky about that kinda stuff.

Also, GGB trail can sounds awesome but had tons of right hand powder bog issues. Some of the worst I have ever been around.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Right is the front.
As u can see, the rear of the pipe is lower, effectively creating a scoop. Creating a serious right hand bog in spring snow. I cut the back of the pipe as high as i could, that helped a lot.
SLP can.
063ebaf94a906a8845897e1139e22d4e.jpg

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
I was leaning towards getting an HPS can for my Alpha this fall. I had one on my summit with no problems. I need warm meals on the hill and I like the sound and weight savings of the HPS can. However I did experience a powder bog at times when side-hilling (can side) in deep snow. Didn't blame the can for this, just thought the snow was constricting air flow out. Curious about the guys who voted for HPS exhaust. Did you have HPS cans on your ctec 2 and experience any negative issues?

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
I was leaning towards getting an HPS can for my Alpha this fall. I had one on my summit with no problems. I need warm meals on the hill and I like the sound and weight savings of the HPS can. However I did experience a powder bog at times when side-hilling (can side) in deep snow. Didn't blame the can for this, just thought the snow was constricting air flow out. Curious about the guys who voted for HPS exhaust. Did you have HPS cans on your ctec 2 and experience any negative issues?

I have one on my 2018 MC with no hesitation issues. I also have one on my 2014 m6 and 2015 M8 with no issues.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
BDX SSI mufflers

Ran my sled this year bone stock to get a good feel for it before making changes. I ride mostly in Maine between 2-4000 feet if that matters. What is everybody running for a can? I love the idea of shedding 15 pounds. And opening up space under the plastics. On my last ride I threw a MBRP on from my 13 and it gave the sled a hesitation. I drove right back to the trailer and swapped it out. I don't want to buy a titanium can and get a hesitation. I'd love to hear what people used this year and how much they liked them. Sounds like Jaws and Diamond S are fan favorites.

No hesitations with either of our mufflers. Stainless Steel or Titanium.

Stainless is only 5 lbs, and Titanium is only 2.5 lbs.

229 or 449 for Titanium. We have even started polishing the Titanium versions now too.

www.bd-xtreme.com

ssi muffler 12-106 stainless.jpg

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
This 2018 ceramic coating is flying away....
eaceb3fc6e6c8e64a54f497b5ab26dc8.jpg

Lähetetty minun K10000 Pro laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Premium Features