• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Chest protector anybody wear one ?

W
Jul 13, 2009
just a ? does anyone wear any type of chest protection when riding ? thinking of a tekvest , but kinda pricey , i know there is now $ safety any thoughts ? is there a cheaper brand that will be as good ?

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I ride with the Klim Tekvest.It sure is comfortable and has saved me from broken ribs already.If I hurt myself I can't make money=can't sled.
Cheap insurance in my opinion,and takes all the weight of my backpack on the hard shoulder pads.I hear a broken stirnum really hurts

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
I wear one but i wear the fly moto style with the backpack built in. I love it, its perfect! Yea my dad broke his sternum by driving his bars through his chest. I did the exact same thing but even harder and a big scratch on the chest protector and knocked the wind out of me but no broken ribs or sternum :)

L

lewey

Dec 26, 2007
vancouver
i never ride without a tek-vest. put it off too long and paid the price. there not cheap but worth every penny. mines saved me a few times. (my vest and my transciever have the marks to show it too.)

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Yep, I wear one. I won't ride without one, not worth getting hurt. If you have ever had a rib injury, those things are super painful. I had one that got worse continuously for 30 days straight. I might be a puss, but dang man it hurt.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
I got a klim tek vest for christmas and i really like it. PM FreeAgent and she will get you a great deal on one under the $250 msrp.

PGTDragon

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 17, 2009
Lakewood Co.
I ride in a full upperbody impact suit and shin/knee guards saved me from significant body damage on both a sled and MX bike, plus it is not as hot as a Tek vest.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
4 years ago in Cooke City I stuffed a bar end between 2 ribs on my right side. It hurt and I said some not so nice words. I bought a BeeWear (no longer made) that off-season from Rob (fbomb racing).

2 weeks ago it finally paid off in spades. Wicked on and hit a big azz stump. I mashed into the steering column/bars then pivoted over the sled and on to my back. After the mandatory 30 second run down to make sure all body parts were functioning and not hurting I was able to get up, we roped the front suspension back on it, and I rode out... no worse for wear.

I won't ride without a vest of some sort.

sled_guy

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I mashed into the steering column/bars then pivoted over the sled and on to my back. After the mandatory 30 second run down to make sure all body parts were functioning and not hurting I was able to get up, we roped the front suspension back on it, and I rode out... no worse for wear.

I won't ride without a vest of some sort.

sled_guy

That sounds vaguely familiar to an incident I had on NYE. Minus the pivot over the sled. Still waiting for parts to fix the sled, but luckily, since I wear a 661 Coresaver (every time I ride) :) no parts to fix on me!

Premium Features