• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile admittance to Yellowstone?

Texasron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Dallas, Tx
Is it a requirement to have a "GUIDE" in Yellowstone? Is it 4 strokes only? Hours of operation days only or nights too? Thanks ahead.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
7am-9pm riding times, either with a commercial guide or you need to get a non-commercial guide permit, and sleds all must be best available technology (aka 4-strokes). Its road riding only.

KFSNOW

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It is 4-stokes but only certain models that are rented in West Yellowstone and maybe other entrances. You usually apply for the non-commercial guide permit in Step then they draw the permits in Oct you will be notified if selected. IF you agree to the dates selected you will need to purchase your permit and complete the non-commercial guided training course. you can take eight people and 4 sleds on any permit you are approved for. I was selected 3 years in a role.

Big D rmk700

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
New Ulm, Mn
It is 4-stokes but only certain models that are rented in West Yellowstone and maybe other entrances. You usually apply for the non-commercial guide permit in Step then they draw the permits in Oct you will be notified if selected. IF you agree to the dates selected you will need to purchase your permit and complete the non-commercial guided training course. you can take eight people and 4 sleds on any permit you are approved for. I was selected 3 years in a role.

My wife applied every year since they started doing this and we have never been drawn give multiple dates each year and nothing I guided sleds out of West yellowstone in the late 90's so not going to hire a guide I honestly thought it was a gimick since we have never been picked

Premium Features