• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Legend Oil or alternative Mineral Oil

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
Hello.

I have been using Legend oil for years, starting with all the positive reviews for it on this site. In Canada, the easiest place to get it was Royal Distributing. I ordered cases of it from them. They have stopped selling it, and the places listed on the Legend website aren't selling it either.

Does anyone know where in Canada Legend Oil can be ordered from? Preferably western Canada where I am.

Royal Distributing sells a new 2 stroke mineral oil from Viral Lubricants. I can't find a website or any information / feedback on this oil. Has anyone ever used it?

I am lost now on what mineral based oil to use now after many years of using Legend.

Thanks.

U
May 24, 2016
Park City, Utah
As a resident of Canada, are you not able to order the oil from the Legend Performance website? I recently ordered a case of the ZX-2SR oil and received it in a week of ordering? Can't wait to use it in my new 800 Axys.

B
Jan 30, 2010
Northern BC
When you go to checkout, the only shipping options for selecting a country are USA and UK. I've tried phoning a few times and goes to voicemail. Besides that; it is a bit of a hassle right now ordering from the states with the shipping, duties, and dollar difference.

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
I too was running legend but it has become to much of a hassle/cost to get. My second choice is ipone. I think you can get it from royal dis still.

I am thinking of going back to amsoil just due to ease of obtaining it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I too was running legend but it has become to much of a hassle/cost to get. My second choice is ipone. I think you can get it from royal dis still.

I am thinking of going back to amsoil just due to ease of obtaining it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
give Chris a call at parkland motorsports in Stoney Plain, he allways has it in stock and will ship it anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
I love legend. However have been using it only in the older cats I own.
Anyone have any poor experiences running legend in the Axys turbo application?
(I took the liberty of hijacking the thread since You were able to get your oil coming! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut

not a turbo but my axys suffers from using legend oil. unfortunately i don't have to clean my exhaust valves very often, my engine is well protected and the exhaust smells too good. they really should stop making this oil.

fwiw, in the states passo racing has the best price shipped i've found. kind of hard to find dealers these days.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I love legend. However have been using it only in the older cats I own.
(I took the liberty of hijacking the thread since You were able to get your oil coming! ;)

i ran it in my 2012 pro, 2013 pro with alp stage 4 kit and on my stock 2016 axys and a few other friends are running it and we have all had great success with it, 4500km on the 2013 before I sold it and had it inspected by a tech before hand and it was perfect. I am currently putting a new top end in a 2012 turbo pro and will be running the same oil and am confident it will be great, I don't believe I will ever run anything but legend in my sleds or bikes.

snoballssnoglory

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2008
Thanks guys. I do love the smell of that stuff!!!

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
Don't use Legend in the Axys. It says "Full Synthetic" for a reason.

I used to use it too in my Pro's, then I only used in in my KTM. Now I won't touch the stuff. I sold my last case for pennies on the dollar of what I paid.

Scroll down to post #15. It's not good.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402139

I've switched over to VES Race and couldn't be happier. $5 more per gallon vs. VES and available at any Polaris dealer.

Formerly Racing Synthetic 2-Cycle Oil, VES Race is the same full-synthetic, outstanding quality formula.

• Latest industry synthetic chemistries for extremely high film strength
  • New technology additives improve engine and exhaust valve cleanliness
  • Friction modified for improved lubricity scuff protection
  • Anti-wear additive chemistry greatly extends ring, cylinder and bearing life
  • Ultimate trail performance
  • Reduced odor and smoke
  • Improved cold flow characteristics
  • Increased antioxidants reducing “Hot Spot” deposits
  • Increased wear protection under high load / high RPM
  • Premix or injection

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Thanks for the heads up on Parkland being a distributor!

Much closer to me than Sled Pro Distributing in Ontario where I was directed to last year.

give Chris a call at parkland motorsports in Stoney Plain, he allways has it in stock and will ship it anywhere.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Don't use Legend in the Axys. It says "Full Synthetic" for a reason.

I used to use it too in my Pro's, then I only used in in my KTM. Now I won't touch the stuff. I sold my last case for pennies on the dollar of what I paid.

Scroll down to post #15. It's not good.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=402139

ok, that got my attention. has anyone changed their opinion in the last year? i have yet to break down my axys and look but i haven't seen power loss per se. i also have yet to hit 8200 rpms consistently but it still pulls hard and does its job.

so, with all the power loss threads out there (motor mounts, ves cables, clutching, oils, crank case leaks, relays, etc....) what's a guy to do?

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
I've used this oil in everything and am very meticulous with inspections of everything on both my sleds as well as bikes by professionals at the beginning of every season and i have never had any issues nor has any other oil I've ever used
kept my internals looking so good. and that included my 2016 axys. I have personally spoken with the Canadian distributor of this product and another well known popular oil and he told me that a large clientele base of his own and race some of the fastest boats in the world and will not run any oil in there machines until its sent to a lab for testing and when they get the results he said most all of them have switched to Legend all but one that ran a combination of Legend and another oil for what ever reason. Im sure this will cause a stir with some but this is what i was told and has been my experiences with using Legend oil for many years in all my toys and never had any issues or concerns. Run what your comfortable with and roll with it good or bad.... I hope this helps and good luck.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
IMO... the Legend oil is a TOP quality product.... better for most in our applications...but I agree, the distribution is not a quick as other oils.

With the Legend oil... you do need to plan ahead for your season and order early as it usually takes a couple of weeks from the time you order till you have it on your doorstep.

B
Feb 29, 2012
nw lower michigan
IMO... the Legend oil is a TOP quality product.... better for most in our applications...but I agree, the distribution is not a quick as other oils.

With the Legend oil... you do need to plan ahead for your season and order early as it usually takes a couple of weeks from the time you order till you have it on your doorstep.

Good luck!... I live in the town legend is based out of and nobody sells it, not the after market or brand dealers. They say you have to buy a pallet from him to become a dealer. I ran it for a year with good luck, but I'm not playing cat and mouse trying to catch him at his shop to buy oil. I'm also hearing guys that ran it for years are noticing all of a sudden that there having problems with dirty/sticking valves.. Its stupid, he could have a major oil network going but instead you have to play phone tag.. not me.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
Good luck!... I live in the town legend is based out of and nobody sells it, not the after market or brand dealers. They say you have to buy a pallet from him to become a dealer. I ran it for a year with good luck, but I'm not playing cat and mouse trying to catch him at his shop to buy oil. I'm also hearing guys that ran it for years are noticing all of a sudden that there having problems with dirty/sticking valves.. Its stupid, he could have a major oil network going but instead you have to play phone tag.. not me.

I looked into distribution and found what you say to be true about buying a pallet and yes it was no easy task communicating with him, and I'm glad my friends and I haven't had any of the issues mentioned here.

W

wisboy25

Feb 10, 2015
Wisconsin
I have ran legend in last 5 sleds with zero issues on any of them valves stay clean engine look like new after 3-4000 miles and I just order on website and boom it's here to play cat and mouse as some say is B's in the states can order and within 4 days have it

Premium Features