• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bag for Yeti cargo rack

M
Aug 16, 2016
Hello!
I have Yeti cargo rack,
Size of cargo rack is 11.22" x 18.3"

Can`t find a good bag with the same size.

If someone finds bag for Yeti cargo rack, please post a link.

Last edited:

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I've been using the Kriega 20 on my Yeti. Fits great, looks great, and is waterproof !

N
Dec 18, 2015
Bag Comparisons

New Enduristan Bag Arrived.... Will show on yeti rack once it’s delivered.

Did a comparison to Mountain Addiction and Timbersled bags

Mountain Addiction
Pros
Dam tough bag... used on most of our tour bikes.
Good structure.. not floppy.
Rock solid tunnel attachment.(for Timbersled!)

Cons
Painful to take on/off the bike... takes some serious effort. Consider it permanently attached to the bike!.
Would take some modification to use on yeti rack
Get water logged and takes a bit to dry out.
Difficult to clean inside. (Incase some idiot puts a banana in there or forgets to lock the thermos top!.)

Timbersled Adventure
Pros
BIG... Looks good..! and easy to removed /attach.
Could use clips and make strap to fit yeti rack.

Cons
Requires brackets to be mounted permanently on the tunnel.. (Timbersled)
Brackets are very poor design imho and make this bag useless.
Top isn’t well sealed... expect powder snow inside your bag if you lay the bike over.
Timbersled/ Yeti Logo Mismatch.
Unused... but probably a wet bag versus the rest

Timbersled Small? Bag
Pros
Small light, quick on / off. Cheap!..
Reasonably water proof .. very easy to dry overnight.
Cons
Very Small!.. Timbersled / yeti logo mismatch!
Moves around a bunch and rubs paint off tunnel!

Enduristan Bag
Pros
Low profile, mid size bag or large!... depends what you put in it how effective the space is.
Material & zipper looks very water tight looks very easy to dry out quickly.
Cons
Low profile shape makes space usuage less versatile
Slightly floppier then the rest of the bags.

Metal hooks - good or bad no idea yet... but easy to remove and just use the strap.

30FBB5BE-8229-4FF3-A575-73142E59C2F2.jpg

Last edited:
N
Dec 18, 2015
Pelican case looks good too

18L internal volume... nice size...

Hard case pros and cons... to that
I like the dividers...

Fits 129 very nicely..

Attachment points... on off removal ??.

Think I will try one :)

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Pelican case looks good too

18L internal volume... nice size...

Hard case pros and cons... to that
I like the dividers...

Fits 129 very nicely..

Attachment points... on off removal ??.

Think I will try one :)

I’m trying a pelican case this year also.
Thinking dry tools will be a nice change.........

AK1000

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
Anchortown
Used a knock off pelican style case for a couple seasons now and while tough, it still seemed to sweat inside and would be damp after a few rides.
Tested underwater sealed( submerged in the tub for 30 minutes and dry as a abone) they seemed to condensate a bit, covered in snow then in the warm trailer or garage it would have a small amount of water on everything inside. Tools, gloves etc. Does the Pelican case do that? Or is it just these?
May try another style this year, although I perfer hard cases as I spent too much time in the trees and soft bags get ripped up.:face-icon-small-dis

tillbuilt

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Henderson, Co.
We are selling the Wolfman soft bags for the Yeti rack. They are designed for motorcycle's and are very tough. Full water proof with multiple strap options. Available in Yellow or black. They have water bottle mounts and available in many sizes. The saddle bag is the largest for the Yeti rack, and pictured is the large Rolie:

https://wolfmanluggage.com/products/expedition-dry-saddle-bags

https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/rolie-bags

Give us a call, we can send you any of there products.

picture.php

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Me too

Used a knock off pelican style case for a couple seasons now and while tough, it still seemed to sweat inside and would be damp after a few rides.
Tested underwater sealed( submerged in the tub for 30 minutes and dry as a abone) they seemed to condensate a bit, covered in snow then in the warm trailer or garage it would have a small amount of water on everything inside. Tools, gloves etc. Does the Pelican case do that? Or is it just these?
May try another style this year, although I perfer hard cases as I spent too much time in the trees and soft bags get ripped up.:face-icon-small-dis
I replaced my Timbersled tool kit with a small pelican case. While way better, it still gets damp in there sometimes. No big deal really. I just leave it open sometimes when i thaw my bike. Occasionally hit my tools with wd40.

D
Oct 6, 2012
Cargo bag for Yeti 137” cargo rack?

I have a Yeti 137” on the way with cargo rack.
I can’t decide what bag to get for tools, spare gloves, goggles, and beer.
Either the Pelican air box or the Wolfman SM. Dry duffel or other recommendations.
Any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
bag options

just a cheap option. item # 290370947568 on ebay. I do not know how to post link. I found this bag a couple years ago and it was so cheap, and right size, I thought I would try it. it is advertised as a waterproof tackle bag. it is not 100% waterproof but at least as good the timbersled tool bag. it is about 12'' wide 15'' long and expands to about 6'' tall. Size I wanted. zippers are weak spot but lasted two years with silicone lube. I've used bungy web and snaps to secure to tunnel. the first one two years ago was a dull blue just got second one and it's black. on ebay titled BLU H20 waterproof tackle bag. FWIW.

GreenState

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
McCall
I went with a Pelican Air 1485 case.

I used some .125" x 1.5" stock to make cross pieces to mount the case to. 3/8" bolts fit the hole in the Yeti rack.

I removed the rear crosspiece so the case clears the gas can.

All the hardware is stainless and the washers inside the case are rubber backed and waterproof.

I also replaced the factory pins that always fell out with stainless locking pins with retainers. I put some heat shrink tape around the retainer so it wouldn't damage anything, not sure if that was necessary, but hey...

IMG_2747.jpg IMG_2748.jpg IMG_2749.jpg IMG_2750.jpg IMG_2753.jpg

Last edited:
Premium Features