• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Iceage ELEVATE kit - interesting!!!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
iceageperformanceTake your riding to the next level with the ELEVATE kit by IceAge Performance. Starting with the already powerful platform of the Arctic Cat, we built a spindle / rail combination that drastically improves the agility, handling, and deep snow performance by lifting the chassis to a height similar to it's OEM counterparts. This increase in height allows the sled to glide over the snow with ease and reduces running board and side panel drag. The ELEVATE kit turns your Arctic Cat into a machine capable of dominating the gnarliest terrain the mountains can throw at you. The kit includes spindles, rails, and all the hardware necessary to install.
c5751daef988047c26e9772512c09d6a.jpg

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I too would be interested in just spindles, i put a 38” front end on my 2012 with non shortened shocks and liked the slightly taller front end

Last edited:

Yaeger34

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2015
St cloud mn
Couple things. One is this suppose to make this comparable to the axys, is that kind of the goal as far as approach angle and lifting it? I only got to ride an 18 on a 2ft pow day that quickly turned to 55 degree concrete but it was getting hung up a lot.

Second when you go to the new g2 ski for the 19 cats, does this spingle set up work for that or ?

3rd how do replacement spindles and cost work

4, shock length and all that the same?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Couple things. One is this suppose to make this comparable to the axys, is that kind of the goal as far as approach angle and lifting it? I only got to ride an 18 on a 2ft pow day that quickly turned to 55 degree concrete but it was getting hung up a lot.

Second when you go to the new g2 ski for the 19 cats, does this spingle set up work for that or ? Spindles are the same from 2016-2019 so, there is no reason it won't work with 19 skis.

3rd how do replacement spindles and cost work

4, shock length and all that the same? The front shocks mount to the A-arm, the spindle is 2in longer below the A-arm so, same shocks.
In their pics, the rear rail is taller and they lowered the front mount in the tunnel so, that doesn't effect the shock length.....

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Apparently they're charging $900 for a set of "custom" 156 rails for a Cat now. So these are probably more like $1000 rails and $800 spindles :face-icon-small-win

Regardless I intend to call after Haydays to get some info on what all is included, thinking behind the design/geometry, and hopefully some part weights. Curious what the deal with the steering stop is.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Ran the skinz front end kit on my 14. I really liked the height increase but not the forward part. Sled layed over super easy and sidehilled great but felt long. Could not whip around as quickly as I’d like in the trees. Also felt like the front would slam down harder if you landed a little tail heavy on a jump.

Does not look like the elevate kit moves anything forward. Interested to know what the change in center of gravity does. If it increases or decrease the sweet spot on sidehills.

Felt like there was a little more ski turn with the skinz kit, similar affect as the Wyo steering mode. So also curious about the steering stop. Certainly don’t want a decrease in ski swing.

Spendy but may work awesome! Wyo seemed to swear by his raised boards. This seems like it would have similar results, just a different approach.

jakey-boy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 10, 2009
Idaho Falls
instagram.com
I too would be interested in just spindles, i put a 38” front end on my 2012 with non shortened shocks and liked the slightly taller front end

By doing it this way you are significantly increasing the approach angle undoing the progress made by the drop and roll. By changing rail profile along with the spindle change you can maintain a flatter approach angle and prevent trenching.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
By doing it this way you are significantly increasing the approach angle undoing the progress made by the drop and roll. By changing rail profile along with the spindle change you can maintain a flatter approach angle and prevent trenching.

Yes for sure but this was cheap and like I said I liked the way it felt/handled. Also my ‘12 had the 13 skid location with front shock lower mount moved forward with limiter straps out all the way and an 162x3 challenger,, -55lbs forms stock with a boat load of bolt on’s so trenching didn’t seem to be an big issue

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
I need to ask Kevin if the steering mod works with this. I already have hardly any clearance on my tie rods. Seems like lifting the front end would raise the height on the a-arm angle and have them come in contact with the tie rods.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010

Curious what happens to the approach angle with this kit if the front is raised 2” and 3/4” in the rear? Maybe I missed that somewhere.

I do agree that the price seems high for rail and spindles... but I suppose you are paying for R&D.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Maybe they've moved the tie rod mount up on the spindle some to help with clearance? The fact they mention something about a steering stop leads me to believe it's likely not compatible with the wyo/kmod steering bracket.

The raw blocks of aluminum needed to make those spindles are probably $300 each. 2*$300 + 2*1hr CNC time @ $100/hr + $400 rails + $100 brackets/hardware + 20% profit adder = $1560 already without R&D costs figured in.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I think i may be the only snowmobiler that is not stuck on approach angle?
Approach angle only matters when ur stopped or traveling real slow.
A long time ago, i made a 96 MXZ in to a longtrack extra tall sled.
That thing couldn't keep 2 skis on the ground around any corner but it side hilled like a friggin champ, way before sidehilling was cool.
6 tooth drivers to fit the 2in paddles with jacked up suspension, it had a steep approach angle. It did great in the deep snow.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I need to ask Kevin if the steering mod works with this. I already have hardly any clearance on my tie rods. Seems like lifting the front end would raise the height on the a-arm angle and have them come in contact with the tie rods.

It looks like the height increase comes from the space between the lower a-arm mount and the ski. Assuming the a-arm angles would be very similar to stock??

Premium Features