• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SNOWEST FORUMS: All new SWAPMEET section.

the fix-it guy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
cottonwood,mn
Will not let me comment on for sale ads, just says i have not filled out all the required fields. didn't let me comment on my own ad either.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS and FEEDBACK!!!

Today we will begin going through all of them and trying to address each and every bug that you have reported!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Shipping, You have to list a price or it posts NONE, for most of the stuff sold here we either list it shipping included or depends on your location.
if no price listed, it now displays UNKNOWN.

Location Required, nice addition, but I can put timbuktoo in there and it accepts it.
System does not have a lookup table/index to verify real locations. Its up to the user to enter this and the mods to keep tabs on anyone abusing it.

Buy it now/pay now, automatically put quantity at 6
Unable to duplicate this error

Item description default is Excellent?
now defaults to NEW.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I went to list an item as a business and I would not let me past the 2nd step, the drop down is empty.

Thanks
Mark
Correct.
My mistake.
The system does not allow us to use those classifications in the manner we wanted to.

So I have had to remove them.

As of now your choices are

FOR SALE
WANTED TO BUY.

I will try to figure out a way to use the others in the future.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
everything worked good for me. the only thing that i see is that i looked at other ads with pics and you cant get them very big to see a sled up close.
clarence
The system displays a THUMBNAIL of your original picture.

If the original is large / High-Res, you should be able to click on it and get a ZOOM view of the larger image.

The system should allow a image size of 1024 x 768 as the max to be saved, before it creates the thumbnail.

Hopefully that is plenty big to see a sled up close.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
PLEASE!!!!..DO NOT turn swap meet into an ebay style auction. That is a radical change to us people who are just ordinary snowmobilers. :(:(:
Whether or not a particular ad is displayed as an Auction is 100% up to the person who is selling their gear.

Shouldn't they have the option of selling their property as they see fit?????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Love the concept.........Paypal offers great security.........But esculating fees for both Ebay and Paypal will be a deterent or a advantage to Snowest Swapmeet...........hopefully your fee structure will be competitive and stable.......You could give Ebay a run for their money........Nice Job keep on improving........Really enjoy the privilege of using Snowest......Thankyou!! Gary
THERE IS NO FEE STRUCTURE!

That is just an option for the seller to use to take care of his payment.

Right now, the SwapMeet is FREE to all sellers/buyers.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
  • the text editor for the item description (tinymce) in default form like that is a huge mess of buttons. Most of which aren't needed. I'd suggest making it as close to the normal forum layout as possible, just to keep things simple.
done!

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
[Buy it now/pay now, automatically put quantity at 6

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]Unable to duplicate this error

I misread while listing Quantity of ads , you should put Items

How about if your willing to ship out of country?
I have gotten a lot of PM's from Canadians if I was willing to ship to Canada.

KSH

B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
when viewing all adds when you get to the bottom and click on the number for the next page it takes you back to page 1 then you click it again and it will take you to the page you want.

if you are on anyother page than 1 it takes you back to 1?????

Premium Features