• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

WHEN WILL SILBER GET THE BOG GONE ON 19 CATS

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Has anyone tried a primary spring that has higher start rate? Instead of trying to keep the stock engagement maybe 4000-4500 is needed. To allow exhaust gases more time to get turbo spooling?

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
yes. it made it worse! i tried the 160-255
I think stock is 120-255
I was looking to try the 16-17 spring as it is 85-235 I think this would shorten the non boosed rpm and bring on the boost faster.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
yes. it made it worse! i tried the 160-255
I think stock is 120-255
I was looking to try the 16-17 spring as it is 85-235 I think this would shorten the non boosed rpm and bring on the boost faster.

I tried higher engagement springs as well. The more initial spring engagement, the worse the low end gets. Put the 120 back in and the bog is livable. Hopefully this new flash fixes that, I really don’t like the 120

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Thing that sucks for these turbo builders is that for 2020 cat will for the third year in a row and a new ECU calibration because of the the motor changes for next season. So who knows when guys who but 2020 cats how long they will have turbos that don’t run next year.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What’s the word?

My ecu is in the process of getting flashed. Have a buddy that ride al weekend in stupid deep powder at 8lbs of boost. Said the lad test flash is way better, pretty much perfect. No low end issues, no loading up up and bogging in the deep snow. Said it was super responsive and is very happy with it. I won’t get mine out until later in the week.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ok, spend the day in 18-20” of new powder with the Silber Turbo alpha and the newest reflash. It works way better than any alpha flash yet. Is it 100% perfect, no, but it’s very very close. I wish I new what they changed in this flash compared to my old one. Seems like I can run more boost on less octane than before. I used to have to run about 4 gal of 110 per tank to run 8lbs. Today I was closer to 2gal of 110 at 8lbs and not a single set code all day.
It’s too bad that it has taken them the entire season to get this right. I actually thought about buying a 20’ alpha and turboing it, but after this year, no way. Since the 20’ alpha has all new ecu calibration for the motor and fuel injection updates, I’m not willing to wait another whole season to get my turbo kit to run correctly.

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
Ok, spend the day in 18-20” of new powder with the Silber Turbo alpha and the newest reflash. It works way better than any alpha flash yet. Is it 100% perfect, no, but it’s very very close. I wish I new what they changed in this flash compared to my old one. Seems like I can run more boost on less octane than before. I used to have to run about 4 gal of 110 per tank to run 8lbs. Today I was closer to 2gal of 110 at 8lbs and not a single set code all day.
It’s too bad that it has taken them the entire season to get this right. I actually thought about buying a 20’ alpha and turboing it, but after this year, no way. Since the 20’ alpha has all new ecu calibration for the motor and fuel injection updates, I’m not willing to wait another whole season to get my turbo kit to run correctly.

Thanks for the update. So u running the clutching that came in the turbo kit or what u were fiddling with like the primary spring?

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
So i have put 150 miles on the newest flash and it is 99% good haven't had any bog and low end is so close to perfect the only thing i noticed it has a little high idle sometimes after you get out of the throttle but not everytime seems to happen more the hotter the sled is. You only notice it if you have been pushing it on boost then get off throttle it high idles and it seems to do it more going down a hill but its way better then all if the other flashes. With a little fine fine tuning in the bottom it will make tbjs sled amazing. Thanks Silber for getting a tune that works and please keep fine tuning the bottom end to perfection like you have done on the polaris and skidoo.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
The new reflash is really good 99% perfect no more bog but it has a little high idle off throttle after sled gets hot from long pulls but its not really a problem. It is so close to perfect thanks SILBER and COLIN at cycles and Sleds please keep playing with it until its spot on like the polaris and skidoo tunes are.

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Pistons etc

When will we have to put new pistons in these alpha turbos? I am assuming cylinders will need to be re nickasil also? I’ve heard guys are saying the ctec2 will go 2000-2500 turbo miles on low boost 6-9 psi.

iluv2fly

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
When will we have to put new pistons in these alpha turbos? I am assuming cylinders will need to be re nickasil also? I’ve heard guys are saying the ctec2 will go 2000-2500 turbo miles on low boost 6-9 psi.

You should not need to re nickasil just install some new pistons. Put new pistons in my turbo axys at 1600 miles and the cylinders still looked like new.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What's the latest flash number? I think I have #3. It could still be better on mine.

Yes, they could be better for the 2019 sled turbo flash. The off idle hit just isn’t like it should be. Feel sorry for anyone buying a 2020 ctec. Flash isnt right yet for the 2019, the chance of getting anything right for 2020 sled is pretty much zero.

Premium Features