• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Pre Season Add Ons

D
Jan 23, 2011
Well i need to start gathering a few things to get the bike ready for winter and have some questions

bike is a 2011 Husaberg FE570

1. The bike has a Thermostat but do i need to change the core to something different?

2.What hand warmers do you all recommend to keep a thin bar feel? like a snowmobile. I know my stator can handle them fine.

3.Front fork i think i have figured out already going to get re-valved and resprung

4.What seat do you all recommend?

5.Air filter sock? who makes one for the Husaberg filter?

6. Any guys running the manual cam tension-er in the winter? or had problems with the hydraulic one?

Thanks
Dustin

Tride

Premium Member
Sep 29, 2010
Bozeman MT
The thermostat is probably fine. If you are finding gas in your oil you might want a higher temp stat and engine shrouding (you'll know if you have gas getting by the rings. You'll want to change your oil every other ride. Rotella is fine).

I ride without. Don't want icy gloves, and you've got a 4-stroke hand warmer at the end of your exhaust. I've had good experience with the Tusk $20 set from Rocky Mountain on the dirt bike, and a lot of guys like the AME, but it's pricey.

Go stiff on the fork springs (depending on year of kit. Older kits have a lot of ski pressure). You probably don't need a revalve for winter.

Enduro Engineering or Seat Concepts($$$ but nice) for a seat.

Outerwears has filter covers I believe. Timbersled sells them too.

People seem to be going for the aftermarket manual cam tensioner. Just got a Husky 450, so no plans yet.

Premium Features