• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How happy are you with your XP?

Are you happy with your XP?

• Total voters

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Bought a hold over 08 January of 09...2000 miles of serious full throttle, tree bashing, cornice dropping fun and she still keeps on making me smile.

:face-icon-small-hap

S
Jan 1, 2005
Cedar Rapids, Ia.
08, 09, 10 Summit "X"

My 08'XP 146" was a belt burner & DPM acted up, great riding.
The 09' 154" was pretty good from day 1, I did add exhaust, clutch kit, suspension relocate, sway bar removed, couple other things?????
Got a 10' 154", rode it stock first trip out west-felt better in the handling & power. Then started to tweak from there, I think I'm going to hang on to this 1 another year. Couple of the others are looking to trade again, so I might be persuaded again if the numbers are right.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-win

P
Jan 13, 2009
Oroville, WA
love it ! 1400 miles, second belt, season's not over yet. just got some fresh powder today, but need riding partners, everyone around here's ready to start mowing the lawn.
'09 154 X

xpspenziv

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2009
hanging out in a tree well at the top.
Not happy with the handling of the 08-09's but would like to ride an 10 though, still haven't. The 08 XP has been religated to being the back up sled. Can't afford the clutch bushings and roller's every 300 miles.

got 800 miles on mine after putting my ROOSTER BUILT clutch kit in
before replaceing anything,never cleaned it first year etheir.
800 mile before that and never cleaned it.
sorry paul.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Bought a hold over 08 January of 09...2000 miles of serious full throttle, tree bashing, cornice dropping fun and she still keeps on making me smile.

:face-icon-small-hap

knew I shouldn't have posted this!!!

2200 miles...threw a ring on a piston, chipped the piston messed up the mono block :(

Was beeping at me and flashing the engine light for like a week. It was showing a DPM error code though? SHould have checked compression before the damage was done. LIve and LeaRn

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Got a question. Every time I log in this thread is highlighted like it has a new poster but when I click on it and go to the end it is the same one every time?

I believe if someone votes in the poll or thanks a post it brings the thread TTT.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
WB is correct..poll voting moves it to the top

TTT :face-icon-small-ton

W

winter

Nov 26, 2007
Westcliffe Colorado
XP

I believe my favorite stock sled to date is the 2010 XRS HC, better then 90% of the mod sleds I have ridden as well.
No problems, great to ride.

M

Malgomaj

Apr 14, 2010
800 miles on my 08 Mxz x and still on first belt. No issues so far and I love this sled. Bent one of the rear suspension springs and the warranty didn´t cover it but I guess it was my own fault:)

Last edited:
H
Jan 25, 2009
Yakima WA
2010 etec 600 154 snow check. 1300 trouble free miles. Bought a used 09 800X 154 with 500 miles on it. Put another 500 on this spring. Both on original belts. Gas oil grease and go!!! Sure would like to try an 800 ETEC,Prolly 1 more year on the 600 then another new 800. Ya i'm happy. Even got an 05 rev 800 with a couple thousand miles on the original belt! Probably have to do a top end before the belt:face-icon-small-hap

P
May 2, 2008
Breckenridge, Co.
2009 800/ 154 "X". 700 miles or so with no problems. Set up the rear end with the brackets (homemade). Swaybar delete, HPS can, and vents. Runs well. Could use a bit more punch though. Maybe some clutching.

Dec 2, 2008
09 Summit X. Bought this year in April. Blew up 1 week into me owning it. Bummer, but fixed it and have had no problems. 2nd XP and i love the chasis style. The other 08 i had last year had many problems and was a lemon forsure.. But I am very happy with my sled, now if i can keep it from jumping off 20ft rock faces, i'll be set...

09xp 800r 154 best stock sled I have ever owned. 600 miles on belt and still counting. Slap a can on it and maybe a sick wrap and you got a great sled. It can hang with my old RT1000 and will climb just as well. Dont plan on getting another sled until I got a contrillion miles on it or until its outdated.

Picture of it below.

IMG_1440.jpg

J

jlebrun_05

Dec 9, 2007
Dell Rapids, SD
2009 xp 163, got rid of the suitcase, added some vents, ran pretty well until I got into wet snow- it froze to the intake. I added the intake to the top of the speedometer (xtreme air vents), and it seems to work much better. Also planning on getting a roosterbuilt clutch kit so it will hold rpms up high

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Just a couple things that have sidelined me. Deto and snapped crank. Crank was one of the bad ones from 2008 so.....

I got an updated crank from an 2010. Other than that I love it, just wish I could find good, reliable boost for it.

O
Let me just say that I'm far from brand loyal.. I'm happy with the performance of it for the most part... when it's ride-able that is. The many problems have me considering a Cat. I had a Polaris 600 before this and had virtually no problems, that sled was a tank and the engine was dialed. Sure it didn't make a ton of power or pull the biggest hills, but it was fun to ride.

Now as for the XP... it SLAYS the powder, floats so nice. Feels a bit awkward in the hard spring stuff though. Climbs like a goat for a mostly stock sled. Onto the bad - my frame is broken in multiple spots now. Many smaller pieces have been replaced. I've actually shattered a few of those solid cast pieces.... why the heck cant it be softer so it just dents instead of literally breaking into fragments of metal? I guess that's why it's so light though...

Crank went out, had electrical issues.... basically the most unreliable sled I have ever owned. I don't really understand why I still like the sled after all this. I'm keeping it this year I think, gonna pray it makes it through another season. After that I'm probably gonna jump ship and try out what AC has to offer. (If i was brand loyal I could deal with this crap, but I'm not brand loyal in the slightest.... and this sled is a huge headache) I'll consider buying another doo if she makes it through this year without many major issues.

Premium Features