• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any 163" owners opting back to a 154" over the new 165"?

L
Nov 15, 2011
Just wondering if any previous 163" owners will be heading back to a 154" with the new sled. Also, unless I missed something in release information, it seemed like the track is no longer a flex edge?

Being that the new setup should be a little easier to get up on the snow... I understand most people see this choice as a simple matter as to whether or not you're an air guy, but I feel like there's a bit more to it than that.

Just curious what your thoughts are any why. :juggle:
Thanks.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Just wondering if any previous 163" owners will be heading back to a 154" with the new sled. Also, unless I missed something in release information, it seemed like the track is no longer a flex edge?

Being that the new setup should be a little easier to get up on the snow... I understand most people see this choice as a simple matter as to whether or not you're an air guy, but I feel like there's a bit more to it than that.

Thanks.

The 154 is a new track as well as the 165. Both are 3.5 pitch.

What I saw was that it appears that every other bar is short of the edge of the track

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I am interested in the 154 vs 165. With the bigger pitch track and BRP saying it shovels more snow and etc, would the new 154 get around in the deep as well as old 163??? None of the ambassador have commented on the differences. Did they get to ride both? Would like to know what they thought? There seems to be a lot of guys with the 155 Axys on 2.6 getting around in deep snow really good, so you would think this new 3.5 pitch, 3" lug 154 would do great

J
Oct 21, 2015
Minnesota
I am interested in the 154 vs 165. With the bigger pitch track and BRP saying it shovels more snow and etc, would the new 154 get around in the deep as well as old 163??? None of the ambassador have commented on the differences. Did they get to ride both? Would like to know what they thought? There seems to be a lot of guys with the 155 Axys on 2.6 getting around in deep snow really good, so you would think this new 3.5 pitch, 3" lug 154 would do great

This!
Would love some info on that before I decide between 154 and 165. Either one will be 3" lug.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY

Thanks.

The oal of the G4 165 is only .9" shorter than the t3 174. The aol of the G4 154 is the same as an axys 163. I'll probably be staying with a 154 because I like the front end kinda light.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Yes we rode both, the 154 is wicked and feels like it rides the deep like the 163 and is smooth, but there are so many differences to this sled it is hard to tell, the 165 was going up stuff the 174 xm could not follow...I am going 165 because of the snow we get in bc and the sled skiing I do, both are amazing options...and both are way better, faster, lighter feeling than the xm..

Premium Features