• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HERE IS THE HI-RES EYE-CANDY YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!!

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Dec 4, 2007
Can anyone explain the different mounting positions of the suspension wheels between the RMK and SKS? Are there any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other except for interference with scratchers?

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
4230_1600.jpg

Exited about the Axys as well, but in this pic you see one thing I wish they would change. Look at the lower lip of the tunnel, how it has some small bends in it already.

I have some bends and even a crack on mine, making me wish they had rolled it all the way or made a bumper plate go all the way forward to the boards.
Takes away a lot on resale when your tunnel looks like it's going to split.

No deal killer or anything, just an observation. Putting a proclimb bumper on mine now.

RS

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Exited about the Axys as well, but in this pic you see one thing I wish they would change. Look at the lower lip of the tunnel, how it has some small bends in it already.

I have some bends and even a crack on mine, making me wish they had rolled it all the way or made a bumper plate go all the way forward to the boards.

Takes away a lot on resale when your tunnel looks like it's going to split.

No deal killer or anything, just an observation. Putting a proclimb bumper on mine now.

RS

I'm going to cut up my sled as soon as i get it.

Replace the flange out with a cromoly U strip welded to my new running boards.

This will strengthen the whole tunnel and allow snow to fall thru much better.

Powdercoat them black and i'll be ready to go.

There will be some orange stock running boards for sale come fall. :)
fd23e5616c3ac718d944385fcbae8498.jpg

Thats the kind of open area required for zero snow build up.

Last edited:
M

mngoat

Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
on the picture of the chassis from above...what is the little thing mounted on the tunnel close out area?.....just in front of the kill switch....Oil pump??

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I wish we had more pictures of this sled :face-icon-small-sad

October seems so far away!

You guys think that if I talked real nice, I could get a toy version of my snowcheck from polaris to play with over the summer??

Let me work on that.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Trying to get more...they COULD be in the mail.

I know it's not what you wanted...but it's a NEW pic that wasn't posted before.

Orange Assault.

attachment.php

2016-800-rmk-assault-155-sc-orange-oh.jpg

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I love reading about all the reviews from the guys that got their hands on them in West. But I was hoping for more pictures? Did no one bring a camera with them???

Maybe you missed it, but It has been stated numerous times that they were only allowed their six senses, cell phones, cameras etc. were confiscated prior to viewing and a non-disclosure contract was signed prior to riding the new sleds.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
Maybe you missed it, but It has been stated numerous times that they were only allowed their six senses, cell phones, cameras etc. were confiscated prior to viewing and a non-disclosure contract was signed prior to riding the new sleds.

I must've missed it then. That seems weird. They didn't release anything that you can't find on the internet anyway

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place

I think you and I aren't talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the expo that happened in West last weekend. I was hoping that i could get some pictures of the actual sleds rather than the hi-res stuff in this thread.

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I think you and I aren't talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the expo that happened in West last weekend. I was hoping that i could get some pictures of the actual sleds rather than the hi-res stuff in this thread.

You are correct, by reviews, I assumed you meant the ten select people that got to throw a leg over in January. Carry on.

Premium Features