• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PrayN4snow's Stage build/tuning the AXYS RMK 800

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

MX86

Lifetime Membership
Apr 9, 2008
Bemidji, MN
4c88eb944f3abb409fb7aafd869d5b0d.jpg

cc825ce4bca7073b90786c9e86b22d90.jpg

Pipe is 7.76 lbs
Can is 7.53 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Thanks for weighing that. On the first page of this thread you can see I weighted my stock pipe at 10.55lbs with the heat shield. The BMP pipe I installed was actually heavier at 10.70lbs. My factory can was 19.15lbs, the BMP Full velocity muffler (that I run) is 9.8lbs and their mountain Lite is only 5.65lbs. There are so many areas on this sled to lose a few pounds. Im not sure the pipe itself is one of them when you think of the beating they take with harmonics, heat cycles, back fires etc.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I found a new place to mount my Bully Dog controller today. I mounted it through the heated windshield bag. The wire routs easy here and stays away from the pipe and pinch points. What do you guys think, good place or not? I drilled a small hole on the back side of the heated compartment. You can see the hole before I install a grommet. There is a really small nut that holds the bracket that comes with it. I stuck a piece of tissue in a nut driver then put the nut in so it wouldn't fall out when I put it in. Im also unto 75.6 grams of clutch weight that I'm trying tomorrow.

IMG_4907.jpg IMG_4906.jpg IMG_4901.jpg IMG_4909.jpg IMG_4905.jpg IMG_4898.jpg

Last edited:

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Hmm i maybe have to take you up on that bullydog installation. But are you certain that it will hold up in the long run against moisture and snow? The bullydog unit feels like it could get trashed in a snow envoironment.

Im pulling 70gram on my Stg2 with my 3"/163" at 15-2500ish feet. But need to put atleast one more magnet in. Wants to overrev during wheelies or when the "friction" is low :p
With 76gram are you trying to hit 8300ish rpm or you still aiming to be at 8400-8500?
Your engine must be running extremly strong if you are able to pull those weights with the same springs as i do.

Overall happy with the kit. Pipe feels really rigid and wont crack on ya thats for sure... ;) Really nice sound from it even tho im riding stock can. Not that awfull tincan sound that SLP is notorious for. More roam and grunt in the bmp pipe, without making more noise/dB.

Only downside is that it got a little expensive when importing to Sweden, especially now with the high value of USD.

Big plus side is the frikking amazing customer support. Had a problem with bullydog and after a walkthrough by Mike via videochat we solved it. My sdcard contact had a little to much siliconcoating on it so it had trouble reading the sdcard.

Might be looking into bigbore, y-pipe and can for next season if i keep the sled.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Hmm i maybe have to take you up on that bullydog installation. But are you certain that it will hold up in the long run against moisture and snow? The bullydog unit feels like it could get trashed in a snow envoironment.

Im pulling 70gram on my Stg2 with my 3"/163" at 15-2500ish feet. But need to put atleast one more magnet in. Wants to overrev during wheelies or when the "friction" is low :p
With 76gram are you trying to hit 8300ish rpm or you still aiming to be at 8400-8500?
Your engine must be running extremly strong if you are able to pull those weights with the same springs as i do.

Overall happy with the kit. Pipe feels really rigid and wont crack on ya thats for sure... ;) Really nice sound from it even tho im riding stock can. Not that awfull tincan sound that SLP is notorious for. More roam and grunt in the bmp pipe, without making more noise/dB.

Only downside is that it got a little expensive when importing to Sweden, especially now with the high value of USD.

Big plus side is the frikking amazing customer support. Had a problem with bullydog and after a walkthrough by Mike via videochat we solved it. My sdcard contact had a little to much siliconcoating on it so it had trouble reading the sdcard.

Might be looking into bigbore, y-pipe and can for next season if i keep the sled.

Im hoping it holds up to the snow. I ordered the cover for it from BMP should be here Tuesday. As far as the clutching, I'm hitting 8450 today with this much weight (75.6grams), it pulls like a freight train however my initial engagement went up more so Im going to try moving some of the weights (change holes) and I have a couple more springs to try Tuesday. I like all the items you can check on the Bully Dog. Right now I have it also reading my intake temp and pyro. Pretty cool. I received a new Stage 3 map yesterday in an email. Im not very computer smart so I was happy with their customer support as well. Neil walked me through it over the phone after hours even! And got me back on the snow. Headed to Houghton tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
We make our pipes thicker so we don't run into cracking issues. Weight savings on a pipe are no good if it just breaks. We like to put a quality product and then save weight on the muffler and other things like the battery/battery box.

Glad to hear you're happy with the kit! That waterproof coating can be on the sd card slot and the HDMI cable connection sometimes. If something isn't communicating, thats usually the case. I'm glad we could figure that one out.

You definitely don't want to soak the bully dog. I have had no issues with mine so far. We offer the cover for it which definitely helps. I did accidentally power wash mine once. Still works great, just has some dark spots in the screen... not really a huge deal.

Throw some clutch weight at it! They love to be loaded. I would not be scared to run at least 2 more magnets from where you are at now.

-Mike

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
We had some good riding in the U.P this weekend. Deep snow and the crazy warm temps made for tee shirt riding weather! Im glad I had the BMP Billet head, my temps never got over 127 while running hard. The stocker that was with us was running to hot. The new location for the Bully Dog has worked out well with the new cover.

IMG_4946.jpg IMG_4539.jpg IMG_4579.jpg IMG_4582.jpg IMG_4952.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
While we were out this weekend Crazy Craig (906wildchild)has the BMP Mountain Lite muffler on his M-8. Sounds mean, it was defiantly louder than my Full Velocity muffler. On a side note, another stock polaris rear bumper bit the dust on my other friends Pro RMK. Time to call B&M fab to see what they have in stock, I want one for mine too. Their selling them like hot cakes so they never have one in stock. Get busy guys! Thats a good problem to have for a small company.

IMG_4533.jpg

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Mine is running flawless with the stage 3 still. Here are a couple sound readings from it. One is just us talking, 2nd one is BMP Pipe & FV muffler at idle 78.8Db, 3rd at 4000-5000rpm 83.2db, next is 2015 M-8 with mods and BMP mountain lite muffler & Y-pipe at idle 88.9db and 4000rpm at 98.1db, both are 10' away 3' off the ground.

IMG_4910.jpg IMG_4912.jpg IMG_4915.jpg IMG_4916.jpg IMG_4918.jpg

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
I just switched to BMP's teal spring in the primary, it brought my engagement rpm down to @4000 which works nice for boon docking and tree hustling. Im headed west to Co tomorrow so Ill have to drop some weight in the clutch when I'm out there. Everything is running great. I just replaced a front A-arm tonight thanks to Dan at Marquette power sports for getting me one from a different dealer and having it drove over same day! Cant beat good working Mods and a good dealer!

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Yeah i also think the pink primary is abit to rough when it engages at 4.4k. Around 3.8-4k should be nice. Are you seeing 4k+ with teal or 3.9-4? I see they also have a 120-330, white colored. But that could drop it abit to much.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Yeah i also think the pink primary is abit to rough when it engages at 4.4k. Around 3.8-4k should be nice. Are you seeing 4k+ with teal or 3.9-4? I see they also have a 120-330, white colored. But that could drop it abit to much.

Im now at @3900-4K, it revs so fast its hard to register so Im getting both readings. It also makes a difference where you space your magnets if your running BMP's adjustable weights. Im liking how easy it is to adjust the shift with them. Now I need to start over when I get out west lol.

Bikeman Performance Plus

Premium Member
Sep 24, 2009
Let me know how everything goes out west! Teal spring is definitely a better option for high altitude guys. Great finish rate to keep those RPM's up in high load conditions, yet low enough engagement so you don't trench.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Thanks Mike. We drove 40 hours straight from Upper MI to Tucson AZ. We left in white out and it was @0 it's 80 here and their expecting to break a record @87 here today. We're getting some crazy looks with the two sleds on the truck with cactus in the back ground lol. I'm sitting by the pool now meanwhile just got a message that the snow in Da U.P just shut hwy28 down. We're headed to CO in two days.

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Thanks Mike. We drove 40 hours straight from Upper MI to Tucson AZ. We left in white out and it was @0 it's 80 here and their expecting to break a record @87 here today. We're getting some crazy looks with the two sleds on the truck with cactus in the back ground lol. I'm sitting by the pool now meanwhile just got a message that the snow in Da U.P just shut hwy28 down. We're headed to CO in two days.

Nice build. I ride Houghton area myself. Headed back up this weekend to get some more hours on the RMK before trip out west.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Let me know how everything goes out west! Teal spring is definitely a better option for high altitude guys. Great finish rate to keep those RPM's up in high load conditions, yet low enough engagement so you don't trench.

Mike, It was a great time riding in Wolf Creek CO. I did some experimenting and kept the low altitude head domes on. I know I left some power on the table but wanted to see how it would do with just 91 pump gas. We rode from 9000-12,000 feet with no DET's or any problems. I had some idling issues with the Polaris TPS not set correctly and also my throttle cable stretched because when I'd turn it would get caught on the handle bar block at times, the local dealer has seen several of them. After some adjustments I was good to go. We had several sleds to compare and swap around if anyone wanted. The stage 3 Axys really shined in the deep snow. It was hard and crusty in some areas but we had an excellent local guide 17yr old Zac DeVoogh on his turbo Pro RMK that found us the steep and deep untouched snow we needed to see what trouble we could get into. Zac is an up and coming rider that Im hoping we will see soon on some sled videos! Ill post some pics as soon as I get them down loaded.
Performance: even with the low elv domes on It ran pretty crisp and smooth. I was easily pulling the skis up the steep hills and high marking where we went. It had the snap to pull the front end when jumping off of "small" cornices (Im old, not a huck & chuck youngster) so this worked well. I had planned on swapping to the high elevation domes at night but never got to it as we were wrenching on other sleds so I can't comment on that added performance. Other than the TPS and throttle cable the stage 3 tune ran awesome. I was noting my coolant temps and never came close to getting hot even on the trail ride up the mountain so Im guessing the Billet BMP head helped a lot there because the stockers and turbo were getting warm on the same route.

Last edited:

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
1st pic the pass.
2nd pic, Zac wondering why Yoopers are always checking their track tension upside down.
3rd A little wind blown up top, but great views.
4th, 906wildchild can't keep his Bikeman prep'ed 3.2" Cat from wheeling over or he's checking track tension again.
5th, the untracked hills we were looking for:)
6th good spot to add some clutch weight and lunch
7th, doesnt take long to track up an untouched hill.
8th, Jared Allen rode off in the sunset after retiring, so Im riding off at the end of this trip lol

IMG_5090.jpg IMG_5074.jpg IMG_5075.jpg IMG_5087.jpg IMG_5077.jpg IMG_5079.jpg IMG_5100.jpg IMG_5108.jpg

Last edited:

G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Nov 21, 2002
Kamloops BC
Looking good! Glad to hear the BMP stuff is shining for you. just took the plunge and ordered the pipe for my starter kit lol.:face-icon-small-ton

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Looking good! Glad to hear the BMP stuff is shining for you. just took the plunge and ordered the pipe for my starter kit lol.:face-icon-small-ton

Pipes are always a good place to start! Its easy to add to it at anytime budgets and/or greedy throttle thumb allows. Ive had many brands of pipes over the years that Ive had good and bad performance from, some that worked well didn't last though. This pipe is actually thicker than the stock one and weights slightly more even without the outside guard as you can see in my past posts of weighing them. Im happy with this BMP pipe and quite FV can for sure. The ceramic coating really helps hold the heat as well. One thing I notice is if I'm stopped to help someone get unstuck I can fire my sled up and it seems crisp quick as it holds the heat. I always have my temp gauge on the display to monitor coolant temps so I don't have a cold seizure. The Axys does a better job of this with the built in bypass that was an aftermarket add on for the Pro's. The BMP billet head also keeps the temps cooler than my riding buddies, to the point I hardly drop my scratchers. It seems the only time I drop them is to keep the Hyfax cool and lubed.

Last edited:
Premium Features