• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Enclosed Trailer Flooring Question

B
Dec 21, 2006
So is the only problem with Rhino or Arma coating just the price? I am interested in this and I might have a line on a discounted price. My trailer is 4 years old. What type of prep would I need to do?

T
Dec 2, 2007
Kent, WA USA
I use my rock buggy trailer when I need to haul all the sleds. Its a 26' Pace American with the Daytona package. Anyway, it had a linoleum floor in it and man that sucked! Little oil and it was a skating rink, add ice and it was hazardous to your health. All sleds had to be hauled out the back and the tracks would just spin and get zero traction while the carbides dug in tore up the surface. I tried bedliner tracks and screwed down some old track for grip but I still ended up with alot of lifting and pulling. This year I laid down 3/8th el cheapo plywood, I likey, tracks get enough grip to move sled, carbides slide but you can still steer in the trailer, win win. Ice really isn't a problem I just kick on the heat and melt everything, and the oil soaks in and doesn't make slippery. It only took about two hours to do, I figure I shall just rip it out come summer (to keep mold and rot away) and lay down new in winter, or same stuff depending on condition.

W
Feb 1, 2002
Northeastern Ohio
I was thinking of using Rino liner in my trailer but I didn't have the extra money. That year I used a trailer that had it in it and I am so glad I didn't. The sleds stuck to it and became a PITA to move. I Don't have any floor covering in mine and it still looks good after 4 years. I don't have any studded sled and the ski carbides don't tear it up much. I also treated the floor with a water sealer/oil to keep it looking new. The best I have seen is 1/4" plywood on top of the floor and replace it when it is all torn up. Cheap and easy!

Dunatic

MODERATOR: Paid Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Jan 24, 2003
Plain City, Utah
I have seen Sunridges trailer, it looks really cool! the only thing I don't like about it is that it does not seal off the wood so water, oil, gas does not get on it. It would work great if you put a few coats of sealer on the wood before you put it in.

I have done a few trailers with Reflex liner, and after 3-4 years of sleds running across it, it does not show any wear on it at all, the carbides don't even leave a mark.

B
Dec 21, 2006
On a used trailer, is there any specific preperation that I need to do before I get mine coated? I am going to seal any holes but do I need to clean the wood or seal it before I do this?

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
On a used trailer, is there any specific preperation that I need to do before I get mine coated? I am going to seal any holes but do I need to clean the wood or seal it before I do this?
If your floor has been treated (oiled, etc) you can't LineX it. The stuff goes on damned hot and if there is any moisture trapped in the wood it will bubble the LineX.

My dad had his new trailer LineXd last year and we put the polyurethane ski runners and track cleats in that you can get through WPS. Sleds load so easy it isn't funny. Last week when we were up in the uintahs we watched these guys have to try three times to get their sleds loaded into their trailer taking running starts. We just eased up to our trailer and crawled up the back because of the track cleats.

Its worth the extra expense to do it that way. Carpet is something I haven't considered, would work good between the ski runners and whatnot.

J
I was thinking of using Rino liner in my trailer but I didn't have the extra money. That year I used a trailer that had it in it and I am so glad I didn't. The sleds stuck to it and became a PITA to move. I Don't have any floor covering in mine and it still looks good after 4 years. I don't have any studded sled and the ski carbides don't tear it up much. I also treated the floor with a water sealer/oil to keep it looking new. The best I have seen is 1/4" plywood on top of the floor and replace it when it is all torn up. Cheap and easy!

Rino lining, line-x and speedliner all have the habbit of "grabbing" the skaggs making it tough. The custom linings is so hard that it doens't even have lines in it from the skis.... IT's AWESOME STUFF... Worth every DIME

Premium Features