• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Got my new sled! 2018 Freeride 165 SHOT.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Is there a weight difference between the two models? I think I read ~30#(50#?) difference between the two due to a beefier setup. Maybe that was the older models. . . dunno.

At any rate, SHOT is freakin' awesome. I'm real pleased with it and have had zero issues. The only time my summit won't start is when I forgot I fell off and my tether pulled the DESS. Doh....

The weight difference in the 154 and 165 should just be in the rail brace and shocks. Those shocks are not light compared to the x models... but well worth it in my opinion.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I agree. I bought the X for the colors. Everything in the X package got thrown right in the garbage or cut off. I think they should just do away with the whole X thing and allow you to pick whatever color you want.

I agree! Polaris has a way better snow check program.
Whats the point in buying a X that someone backed out of when doo takes away the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Although i love the blue Summit X that Freeride looks pretty amazing as well. Good choice! Now for the Mirage updates.... Can't be using the car hauler to get the sleds to the mountain.

There is a brand new prototype trailer n design right now.
Meeting with Mirage on Friday in person to finalize everything
Will have a new thread up and running about the trailer this weekend while I am there at there company HQ

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I think that white looks sharp.... but doesn't stand out on the snow or for photos on the snow.

Are you planning a colorful wrap for that one Christopher!

Looking forward to your ride reports too.... and in the spring when she gets some boost !

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
The options for Frontend width we're confusing!! It had a S-38 model and the non S which is a 36" wish they had made it more clear ..S36 or S-38

The 137-146 model has a R-Motion and 42" and S38 so it sounds like a 38 is narrow !

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
The options for Frontend width we're confusing!! It had a S-38 model and the non S which is a 36" wish they had made it more clear ..S36 or S-38

The 137-146 model has a R-Motion and 42" and S38 so it sounds like a 38 is narrow !

Nah man, I didn't find it that bad.

38 inch front end was standard on 137, 146.

36 or 38 with the 154

36 standard on the 165

You can just click "View Full Specs" then dimensions for ski stance.

Only issue I have is I wish they were available in season.

Premium Features