• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

165 or 154?

165 or 154?

• Total voters

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
Don't let this guy fool you. He's truly waiting for November hoping his hero Bernie Sanders will take office so he can get a free 165 in 2017!

No see that bs cuz Bernie would give half my track to you, then he will say well you only have half a track so let me take half your horsepower too cuz you don't need it... Vote for Trump

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Would be funny if that guy charging trump would of got to him yesterday, and gave the big mouth a fat lip.. you know your desperate when that's your best choice..

Now back on topic..

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Would be funny if that guy charging trump would of got to him yesterday, and gave the big mouth a fat lip.. you know your desperate when that's your best choice..

Now back on topic..

And then there is Trudeau. Lmao. What a joke. Almost as big of a joke as Obama or Hillary.

Last edited:

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
How the heck does a thread/pole on track length go off the rails into a political rant? :face-icon-small-fro

Getting this thread back on track.......Snow Checked two Summit X 165s tonight at the Boise show.

:face-icon-small-coo

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
My fiancé and I got a chance to rip around on a 2017 Summit X demo sled yesterday and we're both pretty excited about it. She didn't want to ride it at first because she didn't want to be tempted by a new sled yet and she thought the 165" track would be way too long for her (she's on a 146" now). She thought the new sled tipped and turned easier than her current sled. Just to make sure she wasn't making things up she got on my sled which is pretty much identical to hers but it's a 156"x2.5" track and she thought mine was harder to turn that hers is. Problem solved, we have to wait another year but next spring we'll both check 2018 Summit X 165s!

R
Oct 10, 2014
This thread got side tracked ,,Looking at the specs looks like the 165 is only 6" in overall length longer than the 154. My question to the experienced guys is I have a chance to change my sno check order from a 154 to a 165..Im a Maine/Canada rider is the 165 overkill? Only being 6" longer, I cant believe the 165 would be that much different getting the sled through the trees or it effecting the nimble-ness of it would it?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
This thread got side tracked ,,Looking at the specs looks like the 165 is only 6" in overall length longer than the 154. My question to the experienced guys is I have a chance to change my sno check order from a 154 to a 165..Im a Maine/Canada rider is the 165 overkill? Only being 6" longer, I cant believe the 165 would be that much different getting the sled through the trees or it effecting the nimble-ness of it would it?

I ended up changing mine to the 165 because everyone is saying the 154 is a wheelie machine and it dosen't hold a sidehill as good as the 165.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
165 is a wheelie machine also. It's actually quite dangerous if you are not paying attention. I can't believe brp would put out a product like this.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Not sure what you guys are talking about -- rode the 154 by 3 inch and it was less of a wheely machine than the T3 .

To much whining going on here about what may or may not be. If you like a short sled go with it -- if you need to go long
for your riding style again go for it. Neither one is a wheely machine and by the way I want the front end up when I need it, enough sleds will not lift the front end over shiit when needed. A light frond end is as much part of a good handling sled as anything else--all about a balanced ride that you can fine tune to your likes and needs.

I
Dec 14, 2001
Archer, Idaho
I have a chance to change my sno check order from a 154 to a 165..Im a Maine/Canada rider is the 165 overkill? Only being 6" longer, I cant believe the 165 would be that much different getting the sled through the trees or it effecting the nimble-ness of it would it?

Even out here in the Rocky Mountains, IF you can ride , the 154 x 3 is plenty. We have both, I am dumping my 163 to go back to a 154. Much more fun and with the 3" can climb in deep & steep with all. IMHO, stay with the 154.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
any sled can be made to wheelie out of control, its all in the suspension. im sure on most of these demo ride that guys are just jumping on it and riding. They are not taking the time to adjust anything on the rear skid. Skidoo just happens to be setup on the playful end , nothing that a few simple tweaks will not fix

D
Nov 27, 2013
Mountain States
Even out here in the Rocky Mountains, IF you can ride , the 154 x 3 is plenty. We have both, I am dumping my 163 to go back to a 154. Much more fun and with the 3" can climb in deep & steep with all. IMHO, stay with the 154.

Slim, there is no way a stock 154 w/3 inch track will out climb a stock 174 w/3 inch track on a deep powder day ... Even though the 154 will carry slightly more track speed than the 174, the 154 does not have near the flotation as the 174 or even the 163 has.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
any sled can be made to wheelie out of control, its all in the suspension. im sure on most of these demo ride that guys are just jumping on it and riding. They are not taking the time to adjust anything on the rear skid. Skidoo just happens to be setup on the playful end , nothing that a few simple tweaks will not fix

You should go out on an 850 demo and show everyone how to setup the suspension for mountain riding. It would be cool to access your massive flatland knowledge and experience and apply it to mountain sled setup.
In this situation, you don't know what you are talking about.
I do agree with you on the point that 99% will just hop on and ride without adjusting anything on a demo. You are not a bad person.

Last edited:
Premium Features