• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Spring check Apha1

zomowiec

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2009
call different dealers if you willing to take a ride, Got quoted by the local dealer in IL 14,900 with tax out the door, ended up ordering one form UP MI $13,300 out the door with out the tax ( that's for 154 ), Week later my buddy went to the different dealer in IL ( Nielsen Enterprises ) and they told him $12900 plus tax, and if he orders one on the Lake Genevay Amsoil championship snocross event they will drop down to $12700

M
Jul 16, 2017
Anyone trade in a 18 MC on a Alpha? Trade value? Went to my dealer to trade my 18 MC 162 ES with 500 miles and lots of extras. Wanted to give me $8500. WTF!! Looking for a new dealer.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
So how is it that dealers in the Midwest and Central US are drastically cheaper than what dealers here in the Pacific Northwest are quoting.
Are any of those cheaper prices being quoted in the crate?
Is there freight and set up numbers that aren't factoring in?

I am talking 1k to 2k higher pricing out here compared to some of these prices I'm hearing. I would love to hear a dealer chime in and explain it.
Hard to support local (which I do) when one can save thousands buying out of state.

There can't be different pricing by region can there?
Or is it based on dealer volume?

Signed , befuttled.

Don't imagine any dealers are going to chime in on this ???

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Anyone trade in a 18 MC on a Alpha? Trade value? Went to my dealer to trade my 18 MC 162 ES with 500 miles and lots of extras. Wanted to give me $8500. WTF!! Looking for a new dealer.

Damn near 1/2 of new MSRP wise. Just another sign that the MSRP on these things has gotten out of control in the last 3-4 years. Where and when will it top out? Once people can't afford new ones anymore?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Just order up the parts and upgrade yours. I will probably do this and sell my old parts to someone looking for the upgraded 18 skid. I'm also going to get my hands on the new brake, this old one is a joke. Everything else they addressed I've already fixed myself.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Don't imagine any dealers are going to chime in on this ???

My guess is the midwest dealers are making their nut on the short track and cross over sleds and any mountain sleds they sell is just icing on the cake. So they blow those out at a few hundred over cost to keep their numbers up and get the quantity discounts that are most likely available once they sell so many new 19's. As a dealer (not sleds so don't ask) myself, I feel for those dealers out west scraping by to make a living and having to cut their prices to compete with midwest and mega dealers only to do those dealers warranty work later. Keep in mind fellas, dealers are people too. If you have a good local dealer willing to bend over backwards to keep you on the snow and with good techs that know how to keep your sled running well at your elevation and snow condition, pay some extra and stick with them. In the long run you'll be glad you did.

WhiskeyTee

Lifetime Membership
Dec 12, 2013
Utah
Just order up the parts and upgrade yours. I will probably do this and sell my old parts to someone looking for the upgraded 18 skid.

What did they change on the 18 Skid over my 17 Mtn Cat? I have been trying to figure it out.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
What did they change on the 18 Skid over my 17 Mtn Cat? I have been trying to figure it out.

Not 100% sure on all of it, but I know the 18 and 19 have an inch longer rear shock for a little more volume. Not sure if the geometry changed between 17 and 18 though.

mja

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2011
Just order up the parts and upgrade yours. I will probably do this and sell my old parts to someone looking for the upgraded 18 skid. I'm also going to get my hands on the new brake, this old one is a joke. Everything else they addressed I've already fixed myself.

I haven't done any searching yet, but are these parts available yet?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
So how is it that dealers in the Midwest and Central US are drastically cheaper than what dealers here in the Pacific Northwest are quoting.
Are any of those cheaper prices being quoted in the crate?
Is there freight and set up numbers that aren't factoring in?

I am talking 1k to 2k higher pricing out here compared to some of these prices I'm hearing. I would love to hear a dealer chime in and explain it.
Hard to support local (which I do) when one can save thousands buying out of state.

There can't be different pricing by region can there?
Or is it based on dealer volume?

Population density combined with cost of living combined with dealership density...all these favor Midwest. It is always cheaper to go to the Midwest for bigger purchases like campers, cars, trucks, etc. You just have to be willing to go there or deal with shipping.

attachment.php

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
When I look at the prices I figure there will always be dealers who only sell at MSRP, heck when I look online now there are still dealers posting those prices for 18's. Then there are the lowball ones that put out adds with the lowest prices and don't mention the fee's they charge on top of the add price. Then there are the guys in the middle, who I figure are the real prices. So when I see prices of 13,200 in the east and then and then my dealer is 13,750 it seems to me the difference is what they pay extra for shipping. I'm sure there is a minimum that the manufacturers will allow the dealers to sell current year models for, if they go below that they get sent to bed without dinner.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana

The only obvious change that I could see was the longer Fox QSL shock & pull down rod which I installed on my '17 MC. The longer pull down rod mounts in the next mounting hole at the top which is already drilled out. I've wondered just how much, if any, that changes the rear skid geometry??

Last edited:

Tahoepow

Lifetime Membership
Aug 7, 2012
North shore Lake Tahoe
I just ordered my Alpha One 165" with a 4 yr warranty. Got it from Sonoma Cycle in Nevada. Easy no hassle over the phone. $13,500 plus tax. Total OTD was under $14,500. Almost 2k cheaper than a comparable Summit X. I'm fired up for next year winter already.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
Eric at Racin Station said the shocks from the 18 will work on the conversion kit.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
Population density combined with cost of living combined with dealership density...all these favor Midwest. It is always cheaper to go to the Midwest for bigger purchases like campers, cars, trucks, etc. You just have to be willing to go there or deal with shipping.

attachment.php

OK , I understand that , BUT , IF the assumption is that ALL dealers are operating under the same dealer cost structure, then there are some losing money based on the prices quoted. I have a very good idea what the dealer cost actually is.

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
MN dealers get discount for being in MN. Talked to a dealer in ND about it. Even though he was closer to Thief River than some of the MN dealers he didn't get the MN discount.

Premium Features