• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

camoplast peak 2.5

F

fassteddie

Nov 27, 2007
renton wa.
installed it sat. looks like it should work as advertised. we will see how it works on our washington snow. if not i will just put the stock 2.5 back on.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Just got my Peak track from Roosterbuilt yesterday. I think it'll be a winner. Alot different than the norm.

Lugs are actually over 2.5. Its more like 2.6...lol. They are slightly curved too. Variable stiffness clear across the track.

Weight i think was 68lbs with box and a couple of clutch parts inside.

Thanks again Paul for the great service!

T

tukernater

Nov 4, 2009
BC
Just got my Peak track from Roosterbuilt yesterday. I think it'll be a winner. Alot different than the norm.

Lugs are actually over 2.5. Its more like 2.6...lol. They are slightly curved too. Variable stiffness clear across the track.

Weight i think was 68lbs with box and a couple of clutch parts inside.

Thanks again Paul for the great service!
My buddy just spent a day in stewarts bottomless snow yesterday and he said ''THAT TRACK ROCKS'' UP AND GONE.Sled performed awsome clutching was better than prevouse years. FYI He said 8 feet at the cabin.:faint:

R

Red-eye

Dec 3, 2008
Sparwood, B.C. Can.
Just got mine in. The paddles don't seem like a different compound in the middle as much as they are softer by design. I measure 2.4 in tall. Sure like the pattern, not going to brake up the snow so much. Even has a surface texture. Nice!

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
could be marketing gimmick. New must be better ,right. Time will tell. i,m even skeptical if my new 3 inch paddle will out perform my 2.5 camo.It will certainly suffer if not deep as track speed will be down.the 2.5 Camo is a perfect all round combo

I,m not suggesting this track wont perform,Just that it hasnt been proven yet in a controlled condition.[side by side with Camo 2.5- same sleds}And I only acknowledge facts not the BS from new owners who just put down the coin and wants to substantiate their purchase.A track that excels in the Heavy wet snow has different construction requirements as to the flex than one that excels in Light Puff.

Last edited:
H

High Velocity

Nov 27, 2007
Hinton, Alberta
mmmkay. 8 ft....

Why the doubt ?? Never been to Stewart & Hyder ?? Curtis from Varda is saying close to 140 cm. at Chappel (approx. 4 1/2 ft). If there's that much in Vale, there would easily be 8' in Stewart. The first time I rode there was early Feb. and they'd already had over 30' of snow.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

dirthd01

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
has anyone heard anymore on this track? thinking of putting CE 146 or a peak 146 on mine. just looking for input, thanks

M
Nov 27, 2007
went out for the first mtn. ride yesterday .lots of fresh snow 2.5 to 3 feet on top of a good base. peak track worked very well ,seemed to get on top alot quicker than the stock 11 summit track. also with the stiff outer paddles it seemed to lay over alot easier ,thinking that it probably shovels the snow on the edges out letting the sled fall in to the space .one problem is i don"t think there is enough clearance,with stock drivers there is some damage on the end of the paddles .probably rivets need ground down. awesome snow at silver sands cheers ..

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Ditto on the Peak damage....getting torn up pretty good. The Challenger styles are clearanced to avoid this.
In side by side comparisons with the new Doo 2.5 the edge goes to the Doo track at this point....same rider, sleds are identical besides the track, the Doo track hooks up harder and goes a little higher (on this day!).
We are giving it another ride or 2 and if it doesn't show at least a little sign of being superior in one area it is coming off.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Ditto on the Peak damage....getting torn up pretty good. The Challenger styles are clearanced to avoid this.
In side by side comparisons with the new Doo 2.5 the edge goes to the Doo track at this point....same rider, sleds are identical besides the track, the Doo track hooks up harder and goes a little higher (on this day!).
We are giving it another ride or 2 and if it doesn't show at least a little sign of being superior in one area it is coming off.

Seen the same results yesterday the peak was on a pro and it did not perform at all it trenched bad. The 2012 skidoo track works very well just have to keep the front end. down.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Buddy put one on his Pro poo and all I can say is HOLY CHIT! Night and day better than the stock poo track. Trenches less and hooks up like a slick on the race track. I would have thought he had 20 more hp. Snow conditions were really dry powder about 18 inches at Baker.

Premium Features