• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Road bikes?

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
Bicycle that is. Have a triathlon coming up next month, and I need to get a road bike.

Anybody have an idea what size frame would fit me? 5'10", 32" inseam, 170 lbs. Found a bike on craigslist that would work, but it's a 47cm frame, and from my limited research online, that seems like it might be too small.

Oh, Fuji CCR3 full carbon is the bike in question...brand new, in the box, $1000. :confused:

S

Summertime Blues

Nov 26, 2007
Grandview, WA
Where you at? I have a 2007 Felt S22 tri bike in my basement collecting dust. I think it is like a 52 but not sure. I was about your size when I used to ride it. (5'11") height still the same but weight is much more now.

R

RMK7SledHead

Oct 20, 2001
I'm in Florida...quite a ways from WA state. PM me if you're interested in shipping it

S
Nov 24, 2001
Lewiston, ID
I just got into biking. pretty fun thing to do with the family. I have one of those little bike trailers for the twins, pulls great. You are the same height and inseam as i am, but i have a specialized rockhopper and i was fitted for a 19. What ever that means?!

image.aspx

N
Mar 2, 2008
ft collins co
I'm your same size and ride a Giant OCR3 in a medium, wich would be about a 48cm frame. It's just a little small for me but I love the bike. Having a little shorter wheel base on a smaller frame the bike will sprint better, but might not be quite as good for endurance.

It's up to you, I would just recomend riding a few different size and frame designs to see what is the most comfy.

T
Nov 26, 2007
coeur dalene, idaho
if the frame is the wrong size, don't buy it no matter how good of a deal it is. You will be uncomfortable and won't want to ride it, for very long. I learned the hard way.

road frame sizing is different from mountain bike frame sizing.

Premium Features