• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where's the Evo build

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I love my stock compression motor at 200 hp. I can't imagine what it would be like at 275 hp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
were hookin up the 3 phase and getting ready to flip the switch , well see if she burns

Let me guess, when the flux capacitor charges, things will happen when it hits 48 MPH?????? Previously at 88MPH but someone suggested it wasn't capable of achieving 88 MPH

Last edited:

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Actually I think what happened is Christopher messed up all the pictures with his new fancy equipment and doesn't have any images of his install anymore so he is just waiting for someone else to install the same unit so that he can take new pictures and finally finish the thread. :face-icon-small-ton either that or he is just out having too much fun on the sled and doesn't want to come back from BC

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As promised I WILL have a WHOLE LOT OF COMMENTS to share about this project build, and how the sleds runs with the EVO Turbo system.

I hope to have the sled back this weekend and then next week take her up to Togwotee for a couple days additional riding if snow permits for some FULL power testing.

Thus far all of my testing has been done on the low power, 225hp setting.

Now its time to flip the switch and see what 275hp is like if I can find some decent snow to run on.

red

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Alberta
I really hope that you give a detailed review, including the good & bad. Been in the 4stroke turbo game since 04. It really seems the end user gets to do R&D for all of these turbo mfgs. Doesn't matter what kit you have, its if the mfg steps after the sale & supports it.

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
It really seems the end user gets to do R&D for all of these turbo mfgs. Doesn't matter what kit you have, its if the mfg steps after the sale & supports it.

Which makes do you have experience with, do you have personal experience with them all?
I only have personal experience with 3 Turbokit manufacturers (i've only owned turbosleds since '06), had trouble with 2 of them, with non existent support, the 3rd have excelled with it's reliability and answering questions, needless to say who i return to when it's time to buy Another one.
So i don't totally agree with you, MOST of them lack in Customer support and reliability, but not ALL of them.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I really hope that you give a detailed review, including the good & bad. Been in the 4stroke turbo game since 04. It really seems the end user gets to do R&D for all of these turbo mfgs. Doesn't matter what kit you have, its if the mfg steps after the sale & supports it.
I will do my best to do just that.
I am waiting to get the sled back and have a face to face conversation with the mechanic that was checking all of our work.
Once I have all my duckies in a nice neat little row, then I will bring everyone up to speed on what we did right and what we did wrong, what worked well and what failed.

I will say this, Evolution Powersports has shown tremendous interest and follow through on this project.
They have been on the phone to answer any question I have sent to them and even offered to fly out here several times to assist me at several different stages of this.
They very much want this new kit to be a success among Viper owners.

Last edited:

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
I will do my best to do just that.
I am waiting to get the sled back and have a face to face conversation with the mechanic that was checking all of our work.
Once I have all my duckies in a nice neat little row, then I will bring everyone up to speed on what we did right and what we did wrong, what worked well and what failed.

I will say this, Evolution Powersports has shown tremendous interest and follow through on this project.
They have been on the phone to answer any question I have sent to them and even offered to fly out here several times to assist me at several different stages of this.
They very much want this new kit to be a success among Viper owners.

Before you start you review, ask yourself, did I get special treatment because of my position on this forum? Would Evo offer to fly out to help the average Viper owner that might be having issues installing this kit.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
8TnEK43.jpg

3U9elNc.jpg

Premium Features