• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
A big thank you to CMX , their service is phenomenal, non corporate personal attention to detail and customer support. The 18,s look very nice and refined,,,

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
Anyone on here not employed/compensated by CMX willing to share their experiences? I am already completely sold on a SnowtechMX due to conversations with others but still think there is more I need to uncover about the CMX before making my decision as they seem rock solid as well. Good or bad, lets hear it. If don't want to post on here feel free to PM me.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Anyone on here not employed/compensated by CMX willing to share their experiences? I am already completely sold on a SnowtechMX due to conversations with others but still think there is more I need to uncover about the CMX before making my decision as they seem rock solid as well. Good or bad, lets hear it. If don't want to post on here feel free to PM me.

I'm not employed and have all the other units here to ride with , I only ride the CMX because it clearly dominates all others. The skid pushed much further forward has significant handling advantages and floats better than the others.The new track is magic. If there becomes something better then I will be on it. not to mention they are Tough! I own other kits as well.

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
I have no doubts about their performance and the advantages of the skid being further under the bike and them being more playful. Those are the main reasons I can't seem to forget about them because thats what fits my style. Can you speak more about the durability, reliability and maintenance aspects?

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
I have no doubts about their performance and the advantages of the skid being further under the bike and them being more playful. Those are the main reasons I can't seem to forget about them because thats what fits my style. Can you speak more about the durability, reliability and maintenance aspects?
they are very tough, The jackshaft balances the load to both side rails. None of the 5 that we have hammered for two seasons have had any failures. The way these handle is not matched by any ,super playful and agile.

mikew5945

Lifetime Membership
Aug 30, 2009
SW Montana

I am not an employee and I had to pay for my kit. I am riding one of the first four units built. Not a lot has changed, other then making them lighter. That shows you they started building kits to last and built them to perform for years. Durability-4 years and still running. Only problems have been caused by stumps/rocks. Maintenance? Nothing to do. I hate having to change oil on my bike so this kit is right up my alley. Oh, I have had to tighten the drive chain a few times. When it wears out I'll get another CMX kit.

Revv Up

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2011
Revelstoke BC
www.revvup.net
I’m looking real hard at them too, a friend just got one and he’s an animal so if it can be broken he’s the guy to do it, so far it’s unscathed (3 rides in)

Wyopowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2013
Cmx

If you park a cmx next to any other kit it will be an obvious choice amazing quality. It rolls effortlessly you can push it around with front wheel kit on pavement almost like a dirtbike. The ride is fantastic incredibly responsive and the new track rules. The real question is do you want to buy something from share holders or a company that develops builds and rides what they create and answers their phone? Your call. Paid retail and will again!!

S
Sep 2, 2016
Park City, UTAH
If you park a cmx next to any other kit it will be an obvious choice amazing quality. It rolls effortlessly you can push it around with front wheel kit on pavement almost like a dirtbike. The ride is fantastic incredibly responsive and the new track rules. The real question is do you want to buy something from share holders or a company that develops builds and rides what they create and answers their phone? Your call. Paid retail and will again!!

I wouldn't say "any other kit", as I & many "in the know" consider SnowTech MX & CMX as the best kits & companies around.

L
Dec 8, 2017
Has anyone directly got to compare the snowtech mx and CMX to each other? Will the CMX kit handle big jumps and Drops? I have been leaning towards the CMX because there belt drive system seems indestructible along with the entire kit.

B
May 1, 2018
Has anyone directly got to compare the snowtech mx and CMX to each other? Will the CMX kit handle big jumps and Drops? I have been leaning towards the CMX because there belt drive system seems indestructible along with the entire kit.
Go to the cmx website and hit the josh stack link in gallery and see if the drops your talkin about are any bigger you will like it

Last edited:
N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC

both kits have belt drives. I have never seen a CMX in person, so can't say anything about how long belts last. Never broken a belt in 3 years on snowtech.

G
Nov 15, 2015
Fargo
I sold my Snowtech and picked up a CMX to try this year. Both kits are pretty equal I would say the Snowtech is physically stronger but this CMX is so light, and the more forward position is a bonus. Can’t go wrong either way imo

M

MFJ

Jan 14, 2016
I would sell it as soon as you can. I just sold 3 of them and got beat up on all of them pretty bad. Can't wait to put a CMX and Snowtech head to head this year.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
There's two of them in our group. Cool machines. Wheelie monsters though.
Lets ride.

Interesting, The shox spring preload both front and rear and the skid attitude angle is what controls that, Ours do not have any issues and are king in the powder with the new track, And we also have many of the competitor brands .Surely the CMX can be set to wheelie or stay planted, I prefer somewhere in the middle which keeps her playful and lite to turn.I have set it to keep ski continually planted and like any kit the fun factor drops.

Lachoneus

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2009
I have snowchecked one for this upcoming season

Looking forward to my 129" CMX BK kit....would like to understand how to tweak it to be more planted or more ski lift....time will tell.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Looking forward to my 129" CMX BK kit....would like to understand how to tweak it to be more planted or more ski lift....time will tell.

One mistake many make is too much front shox skid pressure, Since the CMX has a lower drive axle and track approach angle is flatter along with the skid mounted further forward the front spring needs set for riders weight , Too much preload will lift the ski and it should be set to allow the front of the skid to compress, In addition adding rear shox preload holds the front down, once the balance is found and the correct transfer is achieved its a home run. lite ski pressure and remains nimble and wheelies only when you pull back and on the throttle.

Premium Features