• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

For Everyone with an 08-10 D8 Please Read

General Feelings on 08-10 Polaris D8

• Total voters

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
It's a little scary over in the pro-ride section how excited people are getting over the new sled. How quickly they forget.
Good luck getting any response from Polaris. They don't want to talk to you. I've emailed at least 3X, called probably 5X and even wrote a letter to the CEO and have never recieved a response.
Explore your lemon law and there is a thread on here about a class action law suit as well concerning the 800.
stinkyju, you have something more wrong with that sled than a PCV can fix. Your dealer needs to be going to bat for you big time.
I've said it numerous times. If it doesn't work they should replace it or give you your money back. Polaris has really gone out of their way to alienate customers the last few years. I doubt it is going to help their future.

M
Dec 30, 2007
Sorry i need to vent a bit. I used to work for 3 Polaris dealers and was in the business for 9 yrs. My 09 Dragon 800 is starting to resemble a 900! 4 top ends and one complete motor. Mid range issues, DET sensor, TPS sensor, throttle cable, reeds and now another top end and a primary clutch. I have 2100 miles, all mountain between 5-9000ft. I just serviced clutches before last trip and the shaft split in half. I've never even blown a belt with this sled and Polaris won't warranty b/c it's not covered under second yr engine warranty. They said it must be a balance issue. I phoned they said they can only file a complaint. Bet your *** i won't be buying another Polaris and everyone around me will probably do the same. I've been patient and worked with them to rectify the problems but this is B.S. No wonder they have 4 yr warranty on the new RMK, they probably still don't have a clue what's wrong. Sorry for the rant. I'm done.

Karmas a ***** ain't she...

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Man that's a lot of trouble for just one sled, sorry to here it from any brand . What mods you got? Reason for asking is even the 08's got warranty till just afew days ago when they got the update. Where you from? Does your dealer like you? From personal experience Poo is not that harsh on troubled units.

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
I think it makes some difference whether your dealer is on the "A" list or not (as in high enough sales volume) - I've gone through a similar situation, though nowhere near as severe, with my D7. Other riders claimed to get a particular fix under warranty, Polaris told me "Sorry, no dice". This wasn't just my dealers story, either - he showed me a paper copy of Polaris' response. It amazes me how quickly some dealers seem to be able to get information, troubleshoot and fix problems, etc. where others can't get any information, support or warranty help from Polaris.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
No problems at all

I got my 08 D800 at Carl's Cycle Sales in Boise Idaho and i have not had one single problem with it. 1500 + miles so far and just 1 belt and new plugs at about 1000 miles, just because they said I should to start this past season. Original Hyfax still on it. They are about 1/4 worn (still 3/4 to go) :)

It's clutched perfectly (carls clutching) Extremely happy! I have always had the new flash put in it as soon as it comes out.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
The question is who are you talking to about the problem at your dealorship is it the salesman that doesn't give a crap or the service dept that has people that actually ride? I had a little glitch on my 2010 snowcheck they called and said it was ready to pickup and when I went in and asked them about the snowchecked starter I had 3 salesman stand in front of me and tell me that the snochecked Assault doesn't come with one :yell: thank god I had them right it down on my $500 deposit on the snowcheck otherwise they wanted another $1000. The service dept. saved that relationship the next time I went in.

W

wysnow

Dec 7, 2008
togwotee pass wyoming
Have you heard of MTNTK Performance they have a kit called "THE FIX" Check it out or visit our website
www.pmspolaris.com we are there distributor

Might be a cool thing for some power gain. Matched up with the Gizmo to stop the cold shot it might last. From what I understand if you do not stop the cold shot you will still take out your motor. Looks like a PMS mod that will void any warranty you have left. Of course if you are out of warranty it is only money.

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
Get your Fix

I have called, emailed, and pm these guys reagard this kit with no follow up or contact from them. If it works and they give some customer service it may help some of us?

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
well boys i decided to go to the dark side and switch from doo to poo...and holy hell was that a mistake! i absolutly love the chassis...the motor and electronics blow the big one. i have had problems with the det sensor throwin it into limp mode and got the "new reflash" and it worked for about a day...them limp mode was back. insulation was also coming out of the clam shell and getting sucked in..im running a mesh hood with skinz filter on top of the air box and it still got in...well it wouldnt idle so i took it all apart and the tb and reeds were filthy as hell. cleaned everything inside and out, pulled the clam shell off and wrapped my pipe in header wrap and ran some injector through it and sled idled great and ran cleaner...then the mid range bog came into play as it was running fat when everything was dirty. so now i am dealing with limp mode, mid range bog and it will only pull 7700 rpm at 4-7k ft with stock clutching and 59g weights.....can anyone help me out before i burn it or sell it and go back to a doo?

hogracer

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 7, 2010
St Anthony Idaho
I was using a tank or gas to 45 miles so i look at my valves sure enough a spring is in eight pieces. While doing this the bolts that hold the apperatice on the side of the cylinder where rusted:face-icon-small-fro...... so i filled them up with wd40 .... to much i put the bolts in and they blew holes right into they side of the cylinder I know this because antifreeze starts spurting everywhere:mad2: so i take it all apart and notice my pistons have very considerable scaring ..... I got the freakin update kit 200 miles ago:tsk:.. I guess tomarrow i will go get some wiescos and hopefully i can tig my cylinder

D

dynotechjim

Nov 26, 2007
Batavia, NY
www.dynotechresearch.com
most of the issues addressed here are due to improper midrange A/F ratio that at best creates awful lean stumbles/ and at worst detonation/ lean seizures that causes premature wear/ failure of parts on top of poor drivability. The cause of that, I believe, is Polaris' poor control of exhaust valve opening. I have details of that concept on my website. to date I have mapped and shipped over 900 PCVs to 700/800 owners who are now finally pleased with their sleds. Part of the problem is there is no single universal "fix" to the poor midrange drivability--I have six different midrange maps--one of which will surely cover the problem dandily, but I really need to communicate with each sled owner to make sure we match our PCV map with the severity of midrange leanness of the particular sled.

Besides adding varying blankets of midrange fuel to make sleds drive properly, we reduce top end fuel flow by an amazing 8-12% which adds around 10HP requiring heavier clutch weights to keep revs under control.

Now there are many used PCIIIs and PCVs around as people sell off/ trade in their D8s and go for the new ProR800s (which need different PCV models to tune). Anyone who is a member of my website gets any PCIII/V map necessary to tune their sleds perfectly, emailed by me and easily loaded into a Power Commander that they might acquire.

capnkirk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 26, 2010
Appleton, WI
I have a 2010 Assult with about 600 rough miles on it. SLP can and some vents. The only thing I have had to replace is the throttle block because it is a silly design. New extreme 2.5 track and zbros arms and spindles are on their way! This is a great sled and I hope it keeps running the way it is. Love being able to put it oil and gas and pull the cord and rip!
Amen brother! I have a bone stock 2010 Assault, only problem was the Voltage Regulator, which went out at 17 miles... OUCH! But other than that it has been awesome! Add Gas/oil and rip away!!!:amen:

Premium Features