• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Yamaha Sled Reveal - Speculation thread (UPDATED)

S

stingray719

Jan 22, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
stingraymods.com
I am down on sled inventory right now and need to add a few more to my corral.

The guys at the office have seen/ridden the new doo and just smile "That Smile" at me when I ask them about it. Whatever it is that Doo is about to release is something pretty sweet.

I have never owned a 2 stroke, and in my opinion the E-Tec is hands down the best 2 stroke motor on the market. So my plan right now is to pick up 2 2017 Summit X sleds to add to my corral bringing me back up to 5 sleds for next winter.

Racin Station still has the Viper but told me today he thinks he finally may have nailed down a long standing very elusive bug that we have been chasing. Hopefully he will take her out for a long hard rip on Friday and pronounce her ready to Rock and Roll! This has been the absolute WORST sledding season of my entire life. I have exactly ONE RIDE so far this season and that was on my 2 backup Phazers that I use to take our "Never-Ever" riders for into to sledding rides.

Its been PURE HELL.

Hate to say it but I think some of it may have been self caused. My EVO turbo Viper rocks and I have been riding it hard. Other than a new chaincase because of a huge rock I do nothing but ride. I had doubts when I read your install and to be quite frank the EVO turbo install is not for beginners...that may be its one downside. I created a video for the install if anybody else wants to tackle it but suggest you have a shop do the install.

Video on facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/631608510286610/

Jan 12, 2015
bound to dissapoint!!!

I'm guessing same cat chassis different motor.
glad I'm getting out of riding and just going ice fishing,the suspense is just to much.

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
im hopeful, but have a feeling it will be a new motor in the same old dated cat chassis. maybe with some different plastics and bng. hope im wrong though!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Seen today in Island park

12734030_10207542316769088_3615789075359764881_n.jpg

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
new post from cris reid not many hints in this one.

February 22, 2016
Gotta Be Quick

We spent most of last week preparing for our upcoming new product launch. Our strategy is simple – select a few dealers we know and trust that are well respected for their experience and credibility. Assemble them together with a film production crew and some prototypes to experience the new machines, talk about what they discovered and capture it all to share on the big day. It was a lot of fun watching the reactions to the new sleds from the initial walk around to the interviews at the end of the test track. Needless to say, some were more surprised than others but all were smiling without exception.

IMG_8140We had dealers from Norway, Finland, Sweden, Canada and the US. I really enjoyed the time spent after the work was done, chatting about the various markets and snowmobile lifestyles. There were lots of interesting nuggets exchanged over some locally brewed IPA. It was a short event with everyone in and out within 48 hours. I stayed back to meet up with an old friend to do some additional filming and tech briefing which will hopefully be part of the MY17 preview on SnowTrax TV. Mark had a pretty good grasp on what our new sleds were all about but I think I was able to surprise him on a couple of points.

Our next step is to bring in all our field staff from across Canada which is happening as I write this. The initial plan is to make some time for everyone to pull the trigger on the prototypes between meetings and training sessions. That said, I need to get up to the test site as soon as I post this to see whats left after a freak rainstorm took out most of our trails on Saturday. My fear is what little is left maybe reduced to a skating rink. This is the most depressing, un-cooperative winter I can remember in southern Ontario…

While all this is going on, our big rigs are rolling into West Yellowstone for the annual media Snow Shoot where all four manufactures get with the sled journalists to get briefed on all the new offerings. I am not sure at this time if I am required to head down there. We have had to shuffle the deck a bit with respect to staffing and I am still waiting to find out if I am heading north or west. And on that note, I gotta get my butt in gear, shut down and hit the road.

cheers cr

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
And you didn't get any other pictures why?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Hey now, that is the first SPY SHOT we have so far this season!!
I am MORE than a little surprised that at this point we have pretty much NOTHING at all to go on with what they have in store for us.

It was MUCH more fun with the buildup to the DOO release last night.
Tons of little tidbits floating around to help build up the anticipation to what turned out to be a great new sled.

Come on YAMAHA.
Throw your faithful a BONE guys!!

Last edited:
S

Shred4Ever

Nov 2, 2013
Yamaha is not going to release anything that will intrigue the west... They continue to fail in the west...

It would be a miracle if they release anything that compares to the new Doo....

I refuse to spend thousands on anymore 4 tokes...

Look at the guys as of late build vipers from 250-300 hp with 174 x 3 etc..... And u lose your *** on them...

However I would be intrigued if they did release a 850 2 toke with 170 hp in a lighter chassis than viper!!!

But hopin & wishin is for Disney Land...

Premium Features