• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yay Motorfist....am I right?

Yay MotorFist...right?

• Total voters

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Motorfist pants
Castle and klim gloves
Klim balaclava
Castle x mountain coat
Tek vest
Use to wear fxr mountain boots but now trying to find a good pair of boots that will fit loosely in the toe hold of my axys.

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
All Klim head to toe. I use some Under Armour for base layers. I have never been wet. I have one warranty claim that they handled completely to my satisfaction. I have been using Klim products since 2003 with no reason to change.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Motorfist onsie
Doo carbon helmet
509/Klim googles
Motorfist stomper 2.0
Had klim before, nice gear. wanted to give motorfist a try. I like the gear but the zipper on my leg broke and the soles are falling off the boots. Probably gonna go with klim next time I get gear cause I had klim gear for 3 years and didn't have any issues with it

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Motorfist stomper 2.0 boots are too bulky and heavy.
The alpha boots don't have enough toe kick protection. I have both, but still wear Klim Adrenaline.

Motorfist jackets and rekon bibs are too stiff and heavy IMO. I didn't really like the Klim jacket I bought either. I went back to a Volcom TDS snowboard jacket. I like the Klim Steath bib the best because it's lightweight and you can move around in it easy.

The Alpha helmet doesn't fit oval heads well at all. I went back to the Airoh Aviator. Just as light, but way more comfortable. Just wish it had the same impact protection as the Alpha helmet.

All the motorfist gloves are great. I have 5 different pairs of their gloves. They hold up much better than Klim or Burton gloves.

Goggles, I like the 509 revolvers and the Oakley Airbrakes.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I found with the Motorfist bibs i had to go up to XL (sidehiller and rekon) to get the mobility I want and expect out of a pair of bibs. My jeans are a square 32x32 so i am more of a medium/large guy but a large is to restrictive when jumping over the seat.
Rekon Jacket has been awesome for 4yrs now and large fits great.
Original stompers were a great boot for me just hated the lacing and unlacing to get the boot off.
The Alpha boot is a bit bulky but fit fine on the Arctic Cat.

Go Hawks!

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Motorfist helmet. Very light and comparable. But Durability sucks on the older Kali helmets. Good warranty though, but the new one fell apart too. All the plastic and trim cracking, coming apart. Visor is fragile too but cheap, light or sturdy, pick 2 I suppose. I still wear it.
Old Klim coat, still solid and waterproof. Or Carharrt rain coat some days.
Older Motorfist pants. Great value. Pretty sturdy, still waterproof couldn't beat a $100 new old stock pair of pants.
Boots are Danners, Rockys or sometimes Xtra tuffs depending how wet it is.

I'd buy MF again though. Seems the only outerwear brand as heavy/ good of quality as Klim.

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
All Klim rite now w/ the exception of my HJC helmet (fits my big melon best) but I need to replace my bibs before next season.

I've had great luck w/ the Klim stuff but I may venture to something different...

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
500miles on my Rekon bibs. My lower legs an butt are soaked every ride now.

Mountain Cat!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
File Opened, these are a replacement for last years leaking bibs, they made it 1,500? Miles. I was really expecting to be dry all season.
Warranty is great, i really appreciate their customer service, just wish i didn't have to use it so often.

Mountain Cat!

Edit: my last bibs were the sidehiller 2.
They lasted a few seasons, like 2,500-3,000 miles not the 1,500 i stated previously. I really liked those bibs.

Last edited:

Evanbcx

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2015
Newfoundland
Was out in the rain/freezing rain the other day and I was soaked when I took my onsie off. Both my legs and my back is where it was leaking.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Got a brand new pair of the Rekon bibs through warranty. Try them out this weekend, should be dry. now my Alpha boots on the other hand, left foot wet last weekend. :'(
New this year....

Mountain Cat!

B
Dec 4, 2011
Washington
Bought a pair of their pants at a Snow show 4 or 5 years ago, pocket zipper ripped as well as the main pants zipper. They fixed the zipper and restitched the pocket no questions asked...Satisfied customer. 2,000 miles without any leaks or problems

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Got a brand new pair of the Rekon bibs through warranty. Try them out this weekend, should be dry. now my Alpha boots on the other hand, left foot wet last weekend. :'(
New this year....

Mountain Cat!
Alpha boots Sent in for warranty, receiving a new pair as they cannot repair the boots.

Mountain Cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
New this year....

Mountain Cat!
Alpha boots Sent in for warranty, receiving a new pair as they cannot repair the boots.

Mountain Cat

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I received my new alpha boots. They are the new 2018 model, improved over the 2017s. Hopefully they last as long as my original Stompers, those are still going strong.

Mountain Cat

Premium Features