• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another NyPro Project

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Long time since i posted but i have added some parts to the build.

Im going to make a "Quick pin kit" to be able to remove the hood without Tools.

Push buttons will be used instead of the plastic rivets on the side.

A friend turned som aluminum parts on the lathe, its for the hood and gas tank and i got som rubber stuff for the gas tank.

Also hade some aluminum plates made for the rear section of the tunnel.

A Yamaha dealer donated the front reinforcements for the tunnel, its from a shortie so i will have to add some material to the rear to reach the MTX front hole.

aluminum tubes to the cooling hoses.

Dzus plate and some bolts for the tie rod boot.

My dad keept his spare belts (one new and one used) when sold his two Yamaha sleds and its the same as the Nytro so he gave them to me.

And when i was up north i visited ASA suspension in their brand new shop.

Parts for shocks.

A set of Heavy duty and a set of standard shocks.

They let me disassemble and assemble a pair of shocks that they are trying out on a car and the thing that striked me was the clean oil after so long in use.
its a really simple and clever construction and i am really curious to try them out.

My Engine with primary and secondary clutch, oiltank, all electrical Components has arrived and i will pick it up on Monday :face-icon-small-hap

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Continued on my "quick pin kit".

20131026_221617_zps323f2df1.jpg

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Great work man, looking forward to seeing this sled finished! I've got a chance to get my Nypro on the snow up in the big horn mountains, and all I can say is it is better then anything I have ever ridden in every way!! Even 2 guys that rode with have SLP stage 3 kits on their Polaris 800 pro rmk's and they both agreed that if they could do one and have it done by December they would build one. Keep up the great updates

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Oh and I forgot to mention, the most exciting part is after we do race spec options on this motor we will have 170hp and be with in 10lbs of a stock 800 motor for motor weight.. Right now stock for stock we are about 150hp and 20lbs heavier motor for motor compared to 800 pro. But did I mention the torque is uncomparable : )

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Sounds good. But how do you get 170hp without raising the top rpm to much ?
Any pics of how your exhaust turned out ?

Oh and I forgot to mention, the most exciting part is after we do race spec options on this motor we will have 170hp and be with in 10lbs of a stock 800 motor for motor weight.. Right now stock for stock we are about 150hp and 20lbs heavier motor for motor compared to 800 pro. But did I mention the torque is uncomparable : )

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
I'll post a pic over on my build tonight of exhaust, as for 170hp it's a race department secret, anything is possible with compression and race fuel..

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Race fuel says alot, then i see your 10lbs weight loss is from shaving the head alone :face-icon-small-hap

I'll post a pic over on my build tonight of exhaust, as for 170hp it's a race department secret, anything is possible with compression and race fuel..

B

BigFish BC

Jan 27, 2005
kitimat b.c
Sounds good. But how do you get 170hp without raising the top rpm to much ?
Any pics of how your exhaust turned out ?

raise comp,porting,diff cams,valves & springs,k&n air intake,fuel controller & you can remove the counter balance weights off the crank for a few more hp.:face-icon-small-sho:face-icon-small-hap

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
My "Quick pin kit" is done, no tools are needed to remove the hood.

also started to cut the plastic for the Nytro reverse lever.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Sweet build, cant wait to see the finished product

Thanks !

Made a bracket to attach the the plastic to the reverse lever assembly, and did some more cutting around it.

Remove front clip.

Installing the Engine.

And assemble Everything again. and looking at clearance around the clutches.

A bit close.

Did some work with the knife.

Last edited:
S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Time to finnish the tunnel.

The front plates are from a shortie so i add some material to them to reach the MTX mounting holes.

Im trying a DIY Zink plating instead of painting the added material, paint will just chip off and it will start to rust.

I found a cheap Arctic cat ZR 600 EFI fuel pump that i was going to take the hose and pick ups from and as a nice bonus the top aluminum block was a perfect match to the fuel tank opening, nice not to have to fabricate that piece.

What is the capacity of the stock nytro fuelpump ?
The ZR 600 pump has these specs. 80 ltr/hr (21 gal/hr) at 250 kPa (36.25 psi).
I think its to small for my engine what do you think should i go for a bigger external pump ?

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
absolutely sick project, how much $$$ have you got in the project so far?

Thanks !

Well im in about what a cheap used -08 Nytro RTX will set you back over here, but i still have some stuff to get just to make it run :
Fuel pump, regulator, Turbo, Header, Power commander V Pti, air/fuel/oil plumbing, Clutch kit, a seat, shocks for the PPS suspension and the short track i have is crap.
And for the long track version i need a 162" track, drivers and axle, 9" rear Wheel with offset axle, hyfax, different gearing.

There is alot of other things : Led Headlight, Billet Throttle block, a nice Wrap.

And for the riding i need a complete outfit since i havent been riding for 15 years and my old stuff is outdated/ugly/worn out and seems to have become smaller in its closet :face-icon-small-dis

So things add up and my goal is to atleast get it running this season and try it even if its only with the crap short track.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Riveted the front cooler, the metal sheet from cooler to tunnel, front tunnel reinforcements and the tunnel to the chassi. Im not planning in removing them anymore.
Next step will be to fit the PPS skid i want to do that before installing the runningboards.

S

sportsterdanne

May 3, 2011
Been messing around with the PPS install and i have a template from a Lynx tunnel but it have the driveshaft lower than the Nytro and a different angle on the tunnel so my first try was a fail, got way to much tension on the track so i had to move the skid forward and make a new hole.
I will make a reinforcement plate on the outside of the tunnel so you wont see the cluster of holes.

Then i made a oversized plate for the dropbracket and drilled the rest of the holes with my template.
next i will cut down the dropbracket and make some reinforcements on the inside of the tunnel since the the Nytro tunnel is wider i need some material to fill up the gap to the skid mounts.

two weeks ago i ordered som real cheap hand warmers on Ebay that im going to try.
9$ with shipping for two sets thats unreal !?!?!

Premium Features