• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: SKINZ Air Frame Running Boards

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
Hey BCBoost,

I was thinking the same thing, using epoxy to stiffen the connection....

Any idea what to use? Most epoxies I have seen require pretty tight fits to bond well. Haven't done much research yet, but if I find anything I will post too.

OTM

off trail mike

Lifetime Membership
May 31, 2011
New Brunswick, Canada
WTF?

Snowestonline is much better AFTER you are a full member....I think I posted my reply to the first page before realizing everyone else is on the third page...LOL.

Christopher....thanks for the thread. I am installing my now, and really appreciate the detail.

OTM

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Welcome to PREMIUM membership!

And your quite welcome for all the details.
If you run into any problems don't hesitate to ask.

T

TNytro162

Feb 6, 2011
Northern Colorado
picture.php

picture.php

The new custom vents will be here in a few weeks from Skinz.
That and the fuel can will be the final mods for this season.
Dont forget that Kmod with the Raptors on the back!!!!

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Anyone interested in using the Lord Acrylic adhesive on their airframe install PM me if you are looking for a deal on some of it. I have a 375ml tube that is unopened. Retail was $52 I'll sell it for $40 plus shipping....this tube doesn't work with the gun that I bought. It's Lord 406/19GB Acrylic adhesive 375ml.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
What are you going to use? I am still trying to find out what I am going to use on mine. I really don't want to buy a sixty dollar gun to do one project. Got my boards cut off last night and the tunnel is at the powder coater right now and then I can get these bad boys put on. I think it is going to look really good with the black boards and bumper and blue tunnel.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
What are you going to use? I am still trying to find out what I am going to use on mine. I really don't want to buy a sixty dollar gun to do one project. Got my boards cut off last night and the tunnel is at the powder coater right now and then I can get these bad boys put on. I think it is going to look really good with the black boards and bumper and blue tunnel.

If I don't have whatever part you need already...why don't we split the cost. I should have my boards in a couple weeks.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I just talked to one of the salesmen there at AIS in Ogden. He said they have some structural adhesives from 3M that are made for bonding metal. He said they will actually let me use their gun if I buy the adhesive from them. He said they just make you leave a deposit to make sure they get the gun back.

I will let you know what he says. He said he will call me tomorrow. He just wanted to check with the 3M rep to make sure the stuff he was thinking is the best.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
I bought a hand gun and extra tubes that fit a 50ml container. I heard you need 50mls a side. I'm splitting costs with a buddy and figured the 375ml would be perfect and save me some money. What I didn't look at was that the cheap gun I bought doesn't fit the 375 only the 50ml. I was gonna return it but by the time I took the restocking fee and shipping fees for the return trip I was gonna take a big hit...so figured I would help someone out! If anyone wants the 375ml tube hit me up! If any of you local guys wanna split the gun/tube cost another way that will work even better cuz I don't see myself using this on anything else.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT

I was thinking of doing that same color combo but went with all black cuz my buddy said he could do black for free... gonna be some trick nytros in northern utah this year!

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
There are going to be some sweet Nytros running around. We need to plan some times to hook up and ride. I really want to get up your way more this year. I went up almost to Bear Lake last year and the terrain was pretty cool but the snow wasn't that great and I was with a snow club and we had way too many people in our group. I would like to see Tony Grove area also.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
That is still different than the gun that I have. Mine is a 1:1 gun and I think the Lord's is a 2:1 ratio hence the bigger tube on the one side.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
Ya the gun that I bought is 1:1 or 2:1but I bought a 4:1 plunger for it...like I said I have everything I need just screwed up trying to buy more without thinking about compatibility with my gun!

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I just talked to one of the salesmen there at AIS in Ogden. He said they have some structural adhesives from 3M that are made for bonding metal. He said they will actually let me use their gun if I buy the adhesive from them. He said they just make you leave a deposit to make sure they get the gun back.

I will let you know what he says. He said he will call me tomorrow. He just wanted to check with the 3M rep to make sure the stuff he was thinking is the best.
What did you end up using for adhesive? I need to get this going.

T

TRUEBLUEMAX

Aug 4, 2010
Hooper, Utah
I ended up using a 3M adhesive. It worked out good. I will check the number on it when I go home tonight. It is called panel bonding adhesive. The 3M rep thought this would work the best because this doesn't get super hard so it is able to flex a little bit with the boards and tunnel. The other thing that I like is that it is black. You can't even see it with the black running boards that I have. I don't know what color you are doing but that worked out well for me. AIS over there in Ogden is where I got mine. It cost me about 32 or so for one tube. The tube that I got I used a little more than half so one is plenty for these running boards.

The other thing that I liked about this stuff was the working time is about 45 minutes. I was actually able to get the one side on and get the glue on the other side before the adhesive was dry in the tip. I think it should work out pretty well.

If you want you can come grab that other tube from me and use the gun before I take it back. I work here in Layton. Let me know if you would like to do that.

Premium Features