• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019?

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
cant wait to see what happens. mono rail, bla, id swap that out with my nextech carbon skid. I hope to hell that there is new controls/boards at a min. belt drive be nice, factory turbo be cool on top of more refinments of the Mcat. change the stuff that hasn't been changed in 10 years. HO Ctech be nice or a larger displacement motor. guess we'll see

No way there is going to be a HO or larger motor just a year after they release the C-tech, if they had something like that it would have been what the c-tech was released as. It took them what, 5years to develop that motor until they were satisfied it was ready for release, can’t just pump it up or increase the displacement the next year.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
No way there is going to be a HO or larger motor just a year after they release the C-tech, if they had something like that it would have been what the c-tech was released as. It took them what, 5years to develop that motor until they were satisfied it was ready for release, can’t just pump it up or increase the displacement the next year.

Yes they can.

eldereldo

Lifetime Membership
Feb 23, 2014
Yes they can.

I suppose they could do almost anything if they have the money to spend, but it certainly would be a curious way to go about development. Spend 5 years building one motor and then release a replacement a year later?

Last edited:
S

SnoPro1000

Feb 24, 2008
I suppose they could do almost anything if they have the money to spend, but it certainly would be a curious way to go about development. Spend 5 years building one motor and then release a replacement a year later?

Maybe not a replacement. But a new motor say a 900 or 1000
The 800 isn’t going anywhere due to racing I believe. Would make sense to bring back that bigger bore motor for the ppl that won’t more HP in the mountains or the trail

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

I don’t think it would be a ‘replacement’ probably just tweaks to the head. Same thing they did in 2010 from 2009. And maybe whatever the diffetence was on the 18 ERs, appears stock for stock those had 10 more hp.

Last edited:

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
How wide is the alpha track? 15”

QUOTE=RACINSTATION;4131947]We will all know soon enough.[/QUOTE]

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Here is an article from 2015 talking about Cat's patent on the above suspension.

http://www.snowmobile.com/products/is-arctic-cat-planning-a-new-mountain-suspension-1969.html

A couple pictures from the article

Arctic-Cat-Suspension-Hinged.jpg

Arctic-Cat-Hinged-Suspension-Rear-View.jpg

Premium Features