• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How does the $100 GSR Fox Float Revalve compare to the $300 Burandt Float Upgrade?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I have read in a few magazines how much of a difference the Chris Burandt Fox Float Rebuild kits improve the ride quality of our sleds with Floats. Now I'm curious how this $300+ rebuild compares in ride quality to Andy Youngstrom's $100 Gas Shock Repair? Has anyone ridden sleds with both of these mods done? What were your thoughts on the subject?

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I had Andy's revlave all the shocks on my 09 M8. It was one of the best bangs for a buck I have ever spent in this sport. I am happy with them but, I wondered if anyone had compared the improvements of his revalve to the Chris Burandt kit. Maybe no one has, yet?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
From everything I hear everyone is so happy with Andy's work that they probably never consider trying anything else. Maybe someone will do the Burandt kit, sell the sled, decide to save some money, and try Andy on their new one.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
The best thing to do is talk to Andy, he explained the differences in valving between the two and actually recommend the burandt kit for my weight and riding style.

And he had my shocks back to me in three days, he rocks!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
I think you would have to take two identical sleds and set them up perfectly the same. Then maybe, depending on snow conditions and terrain you might be able to tell a difference. A local dealer is just revalving only the rear shock and people think its the chit. So any revalve is going feel great. Need to find someone with a comparable sled and other valveing.

Premium Features