• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mirage Trailers wants to hear from YOU about 2019 New Features

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So there I was, having a conversation with the powers that be at Mirage late last night when they told me their next production design meeting for the 2019 "Snow" trailers was scheduled for Mid April.

They asked me to reach out to members of SnoWest and ASK you guys what YOU would like to see as new features and innovations in next year's trailers.

So.
They will be monitoring this thread and reading anything you have to say.

Here is your chance to directly influence their next production design.

SOUND OFF GUYS.

0001138_xtreme-snow-decal.jpeg

Last edited:

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
This is brilliant for all involved, manufacturer, seller, buyer!

Thank u Christopher.

Get ready for some funny chit to... lol

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This is brilliant for all involved, manufacturer, seller, buyer!

Thank u Christopher.

Get ready for some funny chit to... lol

This is the FIRST time I have been able to get them to actually come on the forums and participate.

last night they created a corporate user account.
So when they post there will be NO mistaking it.

Mirage's Retail Sales Manager will be our point of contact.

2015-xtreme-teton-sport-cover.png

Last edited:
A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
Strip lighting down the length of the trailer, multiple lengths of it, is great for eliminating shadows and dark spots when working on sleds at night in the trailer.

Other than that, anything they can do to bring the price down is #1 in my books.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Strip lighting down the length of the trailer, multiple lengths of it, is great for eliminating shadows and dark spots when working on sleds at night in the trailer.

Other than that, anything they can do to bring the price down is #1 in my books.
If u want a cheaper trailer buy something cheaper. No one wants to see them cutting corners and or cheaper materials. Then someone will be on here telling everyone how there trailer they bought is made to cheap and is falling apart.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

A
Mar 14, 2011
Saskatoon, SK
If u want a cheaper trailer buy something cheaper. No one wants to see them cutting corners and or cheaper materials. Then someone will be on here telling everyone how there trailer they bought is made to cheap and is falling apart.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

I suppose that's the idealist in me. I want to believe that, as an industry and company ages, the added experience and profit from previous R&D should make a given product less expensive to produce over time. Certainly the technology isn't improving in these aluminum boxes on wheels. Trailer brakes and wiring are as terrible as ever. So it would seem the prices could decrease each year.

But then the realist realizes that in a mature market, companies eventually figure out a way to collude and manipulate their market to allow steadily higher prices.

TNTCOPP

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Buckley, WA
A second battery should be standard with trailers that are equipped with a furnace.
Also an outside light over the man door would be nice when loading supplies in and out of the trailer. Otherwise no complaints with mine.

20171111_151136.jpg 20171231_111157.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ya, that has been on "MY" wishlist as well.
I know I have spoken to them several times over the years trying to explain to them what its like to be working on a broken sled at Midnight.

Its hard to imagine TOO MUCH LIGHTING when it comes time to wrench on the sled!!

LED Strip Lighting is absolutely on my list!:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A second battery should be standard with trailers that are equipped with a furnace.
Also an outside light over the man door would be nice when loading supplies in and out of the trailer.

100% agree.
The only real long term serious issue I have had with these trailers has been the battery.

Mirage needs to either Bite the Bullet and install seriously good commercial grade DEEP CYCLE batteries or at least offer them as an upgrade option.

I have absolutely FLAT LINED every battery that came factory installed by them over the course of a Long Cold trip, AND I always carry my little Honda EU2000 Generator. But when its -15 or -20 below and I leave the furnace on over night to fully melt out 5 heavily frozen sleds, it just HAMMERS the battery!

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Ya, that has been on "MY" wishlist as well.
I know I have spoken to them several times over the years trying to explain to them what its like to be working on a broken sled at Midnight.

Its hard to imagine TOO MUCH LIGHTING when it comes time to wrench on the sled!!

LED Strip Lighting is absolutely on my list!:face-icon-small-hap

On the trailer build out project we are working on right now we are basically running the lights off of two switches. With only one switch on you have nice light for doing most of the trailer stuff. When you switch on the 2nd its bright enough for surgery on any sled inside. The thought being if you are just hanging out in the trailer you don't need / want crazy bright lights. but the moment you have to work on anything you want all the light you can get.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
A factory undercoating to inhibit rust would be pretty sweet!
Yup.
I would have to agree on that one.
I would LOVE to see some manner of INSULATION as well on that floor to slow down some of the icing I see build up over night after the furnace shuts down and the sleds have been de-iced.

Don't know if its really possible or not.
But I would LOVE to be a Ginnie Pig and try something.

As for the undercoating.
Wonder what it would cost to spray on an underliner of some sort???

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yup.
I would have to agree on that one.
I would LOVE to see some manner of INSULATION as well on that floor to slow down some of the icing I see build up over night after the furnace shuts down and the sleds have been de-iced.

Don't know if its really possible or not.
But I would LOVE to be a Ginnie Pig and try something.

Run some pex piping throughout the floor, filled with antifreeze and an on demand water heater. Can't beat the floor heat... no more condensation either...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
+1. Mine is completely rusted and not looking to good underneath. Maybe they’ll tell us with this problem to bring them in for a complete refurbishing. Wouldn’t that be nice.

So it looks poor, but do you feel like the surface rust has actually impacted the trailer itself in any meaningful way??

L
May 15, 2009
On the trailer build out project we are working on right now we are basically running the lights off of two switches. With only one switch on you have nice light for doing most of the trailer stuff. When you switch on the 2nd its bright enough for surgery on any sled inside. The thought being if you are just hanging out in the trailer you don't need / want crazy bright lights. but the moment you have to work on anything you want all the light you can get.

Would you be willing to tell us about the lighting you are doing?
Would like to add more lighting to my trailer and looking for proven methods.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
So it looks poor, but do you feel like the surface rust has actually impacted the trailer itself in any meaningful way??
I’m afraid it might be. It looks like the rust is moving up the sides of the trailer also. The screws on the outside are rusty on the bottom 1/4 of the side panels. I’m sure it’s from winter use on salted roadways, but it is built for winter use.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Would you be willing to tell us about the lighting you are doing?
Would like to add more lighting to my trailer and looking for proven methods.

I would be happy to.......If I had the lights picked out yet. With our trailer design all the lights will sit in the upper corner down both sides in some custom aluminum trim. I have ordered a few lights and have not been happy with any of them yet once I get a chance to see them in person so I'm still searching.

At this point my next light to try is something like this:
rigid_industries_sr-m_flush_mount_diffusion_led_light_92251.jpg

We started the trailer build last fall and are just picking it up again now to finish this summer. I have taken a bunch of pictures along the way and I will have a full build thread as we get a bit closer to the end.

Premium Features