• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

In the interest of finding more power........

jrusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Edmonton
Keep in mind that the 650 twin motor weighs more than the 600 i4 (all brands) but the 600 i4 has almost double the power with a longer rev range.

The 600’s (race motors) have the lightweight internal parts that reduce gyro effect.

Personally I wouldn’t waste time with a twin or vtwin 650. (Consumer only motors with mellow power)

Ah ya wasnt sure on the weight of it. I thought it was way lighter good to know!

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
Just to let you know that there is a reason that Tede chose the Gixxer for his snowbike. The geometry on that bike that he built upon is much better than the others. Also worth mentioning is that a Timberanchor is A LOT more front heavy than a playfull Tedesled, which is superimportant in a superbike which is front heavy as it is.

I have a few hours of film with Tede and Pj Jansson riding with their gixxers among with 20+ bikes in tight terrain. They can go wherever someone can go with a 300 2-stroke or a 450/500 4-stroke and then some. Takes some more effort when very tight, but if steep you can only dream of following their lines turbo or whatever.

It all depends on what kind of riding you like. But if you want the best you just have to buy the Tedesled Gixxer. No sled or snowbike will touch you then. Still the coolest bike I have ridden! Close to buying it, but still need someone with more mechanical skills than me to work on it when there might be a problem. But still consider buying it almost every day, which Peter is well aware of. :face-icon-small-hap

//Rob

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Just to let you know that there is a reason that Tede chose the Gixxer for his snowbike. The geometry on that bike that he built upon is much better than the others. Also worth mentioning is that a Timberanchor is A LOT more front heavy than a playfull Tedesled, which is superimportant in a superbike which is front heavy as it is.

I have a few hours of film with Tede and Pj Jansson riding with their gixxers among with 20+ bikes in tight terrain. They can go wherever someone can go with a 300 2-stroke or a 450/500 4-stroke and then some. Takes some more effort when very tight, but if steep you can only dream of following their lines turbo or whatever.

It all depends on what kind of riding you like. But if you want the best you just have to buy the Tedesled Gixxer. No sled or snowbike will touch you then. Still the coolest bike I have ridden! Close to buying it, but still need someone with more mechanical skills than me to work on it when there might be a problem. But still consider buying it almost every day, which Peter is well aware of. :face-icon-small-hap

//Rob

If I could buy a tedesled I probably would.
However it’s not an option in Alaska.

I have a total of $4,500.00 into this build.

At this point i’d rather refine this machine and look towards building another.

The gixxer might have the best “geometry “ in full street bike fairings and seat but what I have built isn’t limited by the sportbike ergo’s.

Moving things around greatly changes handling.
I moved the pegs 1” mid ride last year and improved the experience 3x.

I don’t think a stripped gixxer frame has any benefits over a stripped ninja, R6 or cbr frame.

A daytona 675r would be a step lighter for sure.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
why'd you settle on the TS convo track vs others ?
or building a track ?

Haha
It was cheap.

Making a track (3” paddle) would require 6 tooth 3” pitch drivers.
And after running a spliced track on my aro. I decided the stock drivers with a $325.00 ts convex track would be a good upgrade.

I don’t think I could trust a spliced track with a manual clutch high hp bike...........
Plus they have A LOT of drag.

I think a 153x3.2x12 would be a decent option.

A grand for a cmx or camso track seemed like throwing good money after bad when it’s being mounted on an ancient 14 ts redneck train wreck.

My ultimate goal for this bike. (04 r6 and cheap ts) is testing feasibility of sportbike based sled replacement.

If I like it enough a 137 (cmx, aro or snowtech) “nice” “tough” kit will get grafted to a nice bike. Zx6r 636 or a daytona 675.

Probably budget of around 15k.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
For the general public . Get rid of that style track , it's worthless and for the weight your pushing in deep snow . When taking off from a stand still it shovels snow into the skid threw the windows , trench king , been there done that . A 136 without windows climbed on top of the snow as fast as a 153 with windows . Needless to say I was p##### that I had to find this out the hard way , Doo addressed this problem , the rest are about three years behind the ball . Understand it's what's available for the build . Again for the general public :)

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
For the general public . Get rid of that style track , it's worthless and for the weight your pushing in deep snow . When taking off from a stand still it shovels snow into the skid threw the windows , trench king , been there done that . A 136 without windows climbed on top of the snow as fast as a 153 with windows . Needless to say I was p##### that I had to find this out the hard way , Doo addressed this problem , the rest are about three years behind the ball . Understand it's what's available for the build . Again for the general public :)

I remember the first time I did a water crossing on my 2008 skidoo XP with the windows. I thought my engine was failing.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
9769f028823abbb51fb3e9e90ab48371.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Premium Features