• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grand Lake/Grand Mesa conditions

CANNONMAN

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
Colorado/Wisconsin
www.thundermountainlodge.net
Here on the Mesa the riding is pretty good. We need snow like everywhere else, but given the huge size of the Mesa there is always places that have not been touched. I rode Monday all day and found lots of fresh powder in the trees. The meadows are getting set up nicely but not much fresh in the open. Still worth the trip out here. Knowing where to go is the key right now.

73stroker

Lifetime Membership
Nov 18, 2012
I am planning to come from Minnesota to find some snow. Grand Lake is the shortest trip from here. How is the riding this year?

Any snow in Grand Mesa?

I will be in Grand Lake This weekend. Will on update on conditions on Monday.

I may also ride Winter Park area on Sunday.

A
Jan 3, 2013
I was thinking about going to Grand Lake on sat never been there or any where near there. was wondering if there are places to stay, socialize, have a beer?

C
Dec 4, 2010
Our group just booked a trip to the Mesa the second week of March. We are staying at TML. Snow does look thin according to the snotels in the area, less than 3 ft. Any info on actual snow depths would be great. Also what are the average conditions like in March? Cooke in March is some of the best riding, however being so much further south has me a little concerned?

Anyways the countdown is on.

I was thinking about going to Grand Lake on sat never been there or any where near there. was wondering if there are places to stay, socialize, have a beer?

My family's business, The Rapids Lodge (970) 627 3707 has a wide variety of lodging choices and a nice restaurant. Give us a call. www.therapidslodge.com

It's been EXTREMELY COLD lately here in Grand Lake for the past week or two. Somewhere between -20F and -30F in the mornings. Most days have not gotten above 0F (it is January I guess). The snow is 'ok' but we need at least one more good DUMP, normally you can ride from town (legally) to the trail system, but the trail is currently closed due to lack of snow in a 'wetland area' so you have to trailer to one of the local trailhead/parking areas unless you rent from 'On the Trail'. The trails are well groomed and well marked. There's plenty of places to eat/drink in town, as well as a Polaris Dealer (Spirit Lake) and two fuel stations. There's a SkiDoo/Cat dealer (Power World) in Granby 15 miles away. Hope this helps. :yo:

A
Jan 3, 2013
LOL! That is some crazy sh.. I would have liked to see that but feel sorry for the lady and her boys. We will be heading there in the morning hopefully by 1030. I'm guessing we will figure out where to go when we get there, that's kinda how we do things

C

Covelli44

Jan 2, 2011
North Aurora, IL
Our group just booked a trip to the Mesa the second week of March. We are staying at TML. Snow does look thin according to the snotels in the area, less than 3 ft. Any info on actual snow depths would be great. Also what are the average conditions like in March? Cooke in March is some of the best riding, however being so much further south has me a little concerned?

Anyways the countdown is on.

CANNONMAN would be able to answer your question better than me, but I would not worry about March. Just came back from TML and the snow is good, not great, but we were able to find plenty of untouched snow daily. I wouldn't worry about March, it is usually one of the best months to ride there. If anything what they have now is an awesome base.

J

Jermbob

Oct 29, 2010
Winter Park
Greater Grand Lake Area today

Yes, thin year again. But after weeks of very little snow you can still find it. Pic taken today right off the trail.

Gary 1.jpg

Premium Features