• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2005 900 AND 2006 900/700.... Read Before you Buy

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
that's what google's "Site:" keyword is for.
Search for RMK 900 site:snowest.com/forum. It works, and no obnoxious ads.

C

ckspeed

Dec 17, 2007
Malcolm, NE
Yeah, the Google site search is the only way I can find anything for the most part. It's more of a principle thing at this point..:rolleyes:

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
you think polaris would have fixed them instead of getting dealers to sell them dirt cheap they just made a good sled look bad and screwed the people who paid the full price as the guy i bought this one of did.

They tried to fix it, several times. They finally gave up.

sled_guy

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Ya obviosly people have had problems with the 900's thats for sure but i haven't yet and i could notice the difference in the vibration with at first balancing the clutch then adding the touque arm and push arm it did make a difference not only in the vibration but also in the power and i am glad i did it with relatively low miles on the machine. I measured the crank runout before i did anything and it was well within specs also like i say i ride with other guys with 900's and there is a very noticable difference in the vibration of mine to theirs so i can see what they are talking about, vibration is bad in any engine and will eventually lead to a engine failure thats for sure, and thanks to this forum for helping me understand exactly what i had to deal with, i bought the machine without knowing what i was getting into it has been a experience to say the least.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Starts fine -37 with wind chill here right now 3 pulls but it took a while for guages and reverse to start working which was kind of weird first time that happend, but it takes me a while to get working in this cold too lol.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Nothing wrong with the 900's if you know what the fawk you are doing on a higher HP and torque sled and what it was designed to do.

R
Nov 26, 2007
BOzeman MT
I have a question for all 900 riders

I just got my 05 900 back together after replacing pistons jugs ect. Went out last weekend saturday and my sled was running awesome pullin 7600rpms which before i was only pulling 7100 but anyways on sunday i noticed oil allover the ground. The top oil line that goes in between the cylinders down to the crank case goes into a brass elbow come out so i took off the pipe and if i would of road 1 more minute it would of been toast but pushed it back in and put bout 25oz of oil in side gas tank instaed of back in the oil bottle. Went down there trail stopped to c if it stayed but it came out i contacted polaris and they said you cant get that fitting inless you buy the case so what are some good ways to make sure that it wont come out again. I GOT ANOTHER ? SO WHEN IT GETS PAST THE BIG HOSE IT SHOULDNT DRAIN THE OIL SHOULD IT CAUSE IT OILS PARTS OF THE CRANK WERE THE OIL INJECTOR DONT LUBE IS THAT RIGHT OR NOT WHEN I PUT THE OIL IN THE GAS IT SEEM TO BE FAT BE STILL SEEMED TO RUN GOOD I WENT STAIGHT BACK TO THE TRUCK WHEN I GOT THERE THE OIL LIGHT WAS ON I WAS BOUT 10 MILES FROM THE TRUCK IF THAT MATTERS THANKSFOR YOUR HELP

Last edited:
B

BIGGDAWG

Jul 6, 2001
Waverly, Iowa
I just got my 05 900 back together after replacing pistons jugs ect. Went out last weekend saturday and my sled was running awesome pullin 7600rpms which before i was only pulling 7100 but anyways on sunday i noticed oil allover the ground. The top oil line that goes in between the cylinders down to the crank case goes into a brass elbow come out so i took off the pipe and if i would of road 1 more minute it would of been toast but pushed it back in and put bout 25oz of oil in side gas tank instaed of back in the oil bottle. Went down there trail stopped to c if it stayed but it came out i contacted polaris and they said you cant get that fitting inless you buy the case so what are some good ways to make sure that it wont come out again THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

there is another thread on this i will try to find it for ya but there is a locktite that is used to glue it in i think

here is a link to another thread on the 900 site http://www.takeforum.com/900club/viewtopic.php?t=384&mforum=900club

H
Sep 23, 2003
farmington nm
love my 900 so much i have dumped 4g's in to torquemaster billet bottum end new every thing almost.... is the compfusion motor mounts the only way to go or can i just upgrade all the pucks on the o5?

T
Mar 22, 2008
Athol Id
love my 900 so much i have dumped 4g's in to torquemaster billet bottum end new every thing almost.... is the compfusion motor mounts the only way to go or can i just upgrade all the pucks on the o5?

If you have spent that much $, like alot of us don't skimp now!! Go with the Compfusion. Especially on the 05'!!
-T

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
I just got my 05 900 back together after replacing pistons jugs ect. Went out last weekend saturday and my sled was running awesome pullin 7600rpms which before i was only pulling 7100 but anyways on sunday i noticed oil allover the ground. The top oil line that goes in between the cylinders down to the crank case goes into a brass elbow come out so i took off the pipe and if i would of road 1 more minute it would of been toast but pushed it back in and put bout 25oz of oil in side gas tank instaed of back in the oil bottle. Went down there trail stopped to c if it stayed but it came out i contacted polaris and they said you cant get that fitting inless you buy the case so what are some good ways to make sure that it wont come out again. I GOT ANOTHER ? SO WHEN IT GETS PAST THE BIG HOSE IT SHOULDNT DRAIN THE OIL SHOULD IT CAUSE IT OILS PARTS OF THE CRANK WERE THE OIL INJECTOR DONT LUBE IS THAT RIGHT OR NOT WHEN I PUT THE OIL IN THE GAS IT SEEM TO BE FAT BE STILL SEEMED TO RUN GOOD I WENT STAIGHT BACK TO THE TRUCK WHEN I GOT THERE THE OIL LIGHT WAS ON I WAS BOUT 10 MILES FROM THE TRUCK IF THAT MATTERS THANKSFOR YOUR HELP

Read this thread about what that upper hose is for. I just found out from IndyDan yesterday.

http://snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114211

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
If you have spent that much $, like alot of us don't skimp now!! Go with the Compfusion. Especially on the 05'!!
-T

EXACTLY what Toby said..

with that kind of money an dthat quality of a motor you have there...get the best motor mounts around..Compfusion..they only work out to be abour $280 US..as he is from canada..

lets see some pics of that bad boy when its complete..

-Treedog still has my fav :heart: ;)

Last edited:
H
Sep 23, 2003
farmington nm
EXACTLY what Toby said..

with that kind of money an dthat quality of a motor you have there...get the best motor mounts around..Compfusion..they only work out to be abour $80 US..as he is from canada..

lets see some pics of that bad boy when its complete..

-Treedog still has my fav :heart: ;)

i was going to start a post and show a build thread.what do you think? that way if a miss some thing i know the guys on here will help me out.

Premium Features