• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help!!!!! Zr600 Efi

My sled has little hard starting time, takes more than few pulls to start then it wouldn't idle for long once it starts up. It would idle at very low rpm under 500 for like 10 seconds before it dies. It would start up again after one or two pulls but still idles very low under 500 rpm before it dies again. After 3 or 4 times then it will finally idle up around 2000 rpm fine. It did same thing before rebuild engine and replaced stator during rebuilding as preventative maintanence and that doesnt change anything with idle issues. One more added note, during very low rpm idle, it would dies immediately if I try to blip the throttle a bit to rev up. Bad sensor? Where do I start looking for?

M
Nov 27, 2007
You may want to check fuel pressure. Also check all elect connections loose or dirty a little die electric is a good thing to use. Maybe even check the stator is timed correctly . Good luck

T
Dec 20, 2007
Minturn, CO
Mine has done this forever

My 99 600efi has done this since I got it, I would get it to start on the 3rd pull and it would sit there and idle really low and if you give it any throttle it dies.

Pull again and all is well, at least it has been in the past.

However, now mine doesn't spark...it did a month ago, but not anymore. Still getting power to the lights and gauges and such...

I would love to resolve the weird low idle problem once I get it to run...I don't think it's fuel as mine has idled like this forever with good fuel and bad...

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for us.

Premium Features