• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

4130 Apex-pro by Powerhouse Customs

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
Does laird run a roll over valve on his sled? On all your sleds? Or just special breather hose routing ?
I'm curious how important they are on These motors
Thanks

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
ROV

Does laird run a roll over valve on his sled? On all your sleds? Or just special breather hose routing ?
I'm curious how important they are on These motors
Thanks

Hi, a Roll over valve is virtually not required with the Apex engine, assuming that you are hooking up all the original hoses to the oil tank. The breather vents line can just be routed down with an appropriate filter.

When a Nytro engine is used we run a puke bottle rather than a ROV, just drain the bottle as required.

We do not use the roll over valves on any of our Yamaha's, on paper they are fine but they are not without there issues in actual use. We do run a quality tether for engine kill if it should get to be upside down.

Cheers

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Chassis updates

Wow :face-icon-small-hap, we have been so busy in the Shop I never get around to updating this thread, figured I should get something on here as I noticed the thread view count is up over 30,000. With that many dedicated viewers you deserve an update and something new to look at.

This latest PHC 4130 Tube chassis is coming along nicely after a few unavoidable delays. Other than our on-going refinements this one will be similar to some of our other sleds. This Customer wanted the mighty Apex engine with our Turbo System and our Standalone ignition/fuel system. It will also have the usual Racer's Edge rear suspension with Ice Age 174 rails and Raptor shocks. Camo 174"x3" track. Timbersled front suspension c/w billet spindles, again on Raptor IFS shocks specially calibrated for our application by Jake.

The pretty red Powder Coating will get mostly wrapped by Black Polaris Pro Body Panels.

I will endeavor to post more pics as it comes together and gets out for final testing/tuning before delivery to the anxious customer. Cheers :face-icon-small-coo

PHC00814 007.jpg PHC00814 012.jpg PHC00814 013.jpg PHC00814 014.jpg

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Dammit!!! Cpt. Ron

Would you please stop posting these works of art. You are making everyone else look really bad

Man!!!!! that is ONE gorgeous ride. You guy's do incredible work.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I was really hoping to get all my ducks in a row and get one of these for this season.
Next year for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The thought, decisions, yes no yes no, laying awake at night thinking about how to fab certain pieces, r and d, time, sourcing metal and pieces, dealing with timelines,shipping, taxes, customs, finding machine shops that care and don't have worn out sloppy c and c machines.finding out the hard way what works and what doesn't.
All I can say is, wow! Nice job! That is a lot of time and work!

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Progress

Making slow and steady progress on the build today. Final assembly is always so time consuming. Managed to place the engine without scuffing any pretty powder. Engine all bolted in, oil tank mounted, Custom Stainless Header on, Turbo sitting in position. Tomorrow won't look like much for progress as I have to fabricate the exhaust tunnel dump, ...the Stainless T25 flange was late getting here as such I didn't get the tunnel dump built before it went to powder coating. Between the down pipe and the oil return line from the turbo, that will be my day tomorrow. Cheers

PHC00814 015.jpg PHC00814 017.jpg PHC00814 018.jpg PHC00814 019.jpg

TBird

Premium Member
Jan 16, 2008
North of Sweden
Thinking of selling my Diamond-S Nypex and if i do i will talk 2 U.
I am looking forward 2 another Youtube when Laird shred some pow on the awsome Powerhouse sled.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Testing/tuning

Finished this sled up this week, Laird was fine tuning the Standalone Fuel/Ignition system yesterday, ..she is all ready for some final testing and tuning up on Boulder Mountain. Sled turned out extremely well, looks awesome, very clean.
Another one of our standard 4130 Tube chassis' with Polaris Pro body panels, ..all the best components from the Four Stroke Yamaha Apex engine, our custom Turbo system, our water to air inter-cooler system. Racer's Edge rear suspension, Polaris Pro style front suspension, Raptor shocks on all four, Camoplast challenger in 174"x3", USI Ski's.
We love building these Custom Sleds.
Cheers
CR

PHC00814 035.jpg PHC00814 034.jpg PHC00814 030.jpg PHC00814 033.jpg PHC00814 026.jpg

C

Cpt.Ron

Oct 7, 2008
Revelstoke
www.powerhousecustoms.ca
Presenting the TDI Pro

We are nearly done Erik's very unique, one of a kind sled Project. This is such a cool sled! Just some details left on our end then it will be ready for Erik to come pick it up.

Waiting on the seat to be finished and I will get the risers and bars on it tomorrow.

All the usual premiium components used in the build, Racer's Edge rear suspension, Raptor shocks all around, ...my last set of Timbersled front A-arms and spindles.

I can't wait to hear this thing run!!

CR

IMG_4060.jpg IMG_4059.jpg IMG_4055.jpg IMG_4061.jpg

Premium Features