• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020?

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
So, Cat seems to be aggressively trying to get inventory off dealers floors with some big rebates and my interest has been piqued, but I'm also wondering if something big is coming.

Do you think a new Yamaha built two stroke motor is coming for 2020? Maybe an 880 HPDI?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
I couldn't see A/C ever using anyone else's 2 stroke ever again. With their new 800 doing stellar there is no reason to ever not build their own in house.

Probably something new coming soon, seems every year last years sled is now a turd and you have to have the current one or you're a loser ;)

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Im thinking its a Riot crossover. I heard the '20 mountain sleds are getting tube boards this year and have partnered with RSI on an aluminum bar setup.:eyebrows: oh, and they finally ditched the 1981 puma taillight.

About (4 dirty words) time! One ride in decent snow and the stock boards had to go. Put Airframes on mine and it’s the best $400 you can spend on this sled. I’d REALLY like to see a bigger engine and 175” track. I’d also like to see the NEW Burandt style boards that they only make for the Axys available for the Cat too.

ultrasks700

Premium Member
Jul 7, 2009
MAINE
url

Whatever happened to that Polaris Triple? LOL:juggle:

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Do you think a new Yamaha built two stroke motor is coming for 2020? Maybe an 880 HPDI?
You have it backwards, read the latest snowtech mag P. 32 "The 2019 Yamaha 2-stroke Sled you cant buy" was built and sold in Europe. It's called Yamaha Transporter 600, 154" track. The article also talks a about a 2-stroke 800 Mountain sled dressed in blue for the future, possibly the carbon fiber chassis that is talked about on P. 26. John Sandberg is now a writer/contributer for the magazine, so should have some merit. Another article in there P. 12 Arctic Cat patented actuated ice scratchers that lower automatically when the engine temp rises.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
You have it backwards, read the latest snowtech mag P. 32 "The 2019 Yamaha 2-stroke Sled you cant buy" was built and sold in Europe.

Are you sure it was built in Europe? Its the exact same as a Transporter. As far as I know they are built in Minnesota with the rest of them. I could be wrong.. Either way, I'd expect the Yamaha-Arctic Cat relationship to get a little more intimate.. We may not know where one ends and the other begins.

Super 8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
Are you sure it was built in Europe? Its the exact same as a Transporter. As far as I know they are built in Minnesota with the rest of them. I could be wrong.. Either way, I'd expect the Yamaha-Arctic Cat relationship to get a little more intimate.. We may not know where one ends and the other begins.
I typed it right out of the mag, prob a poor choice of wording by the writer. I would say built, then sold in Europe.

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Does anyone know when the 2020 release date is? I’ve tried to find a date for an unveiling but haven’t been able to find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
As of Friday no new info on dealer meeting for this year, kinda odd, but hopefully we hear about something soon!

-Stack

cycology1

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2017
one would think if AC or textron etc had a game plan for 2020, at least for the alpha, they wouldn't have cut the rebates...not sure on other lines

ridgelinerunner

Premium Member
Oct 2, 2008

No Dealer Show this year, going to have local sneek peeks for the dealers. I hope to see a lot more color options, Alpha One IACT (snow check only), New 900cc C-Tech with 185hp (snow check only)? New youth sled 500cc? mountain cat version??

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Indeed no centralized show under one roof, there will be regional shows for dealers to attend, and hopefully be able to ride new product.

Very Limited build early release on the way!

bopper

Premium Member
Apr 28, 2008
elkford,bc
im also leaning towards a mid season 850 + motor in an alpha, I think with the rebates that have come out there is something coming that there making room for!

Premium Features