• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poor fordman wont be making it home tonight

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
I'm trapped at home.

The nice, quiet little creek in the back yard raised up about 6 feet so far but the flooding seems to be slowing a little now.
I don't think it will actually reach into the flat part of my property where my house sits but it might. :(
The water has only come up 2 or three inches in the last 4 hours or so, maybe the worst is over???:confused:

Thank god the house sit's on a 3 1/2' foundation.

My truck is in the driveway should I need to abandon my house but the water is rising very slowly in the street in front of the house.
When the street goes under by a foot or so I guess I'll have to try to get the truck up the hill a bit and leave it there but I can't really leave the house with 4 dogs here and one is only 3 mos. old.

I couldn't get any where near town because the ONLY road that leads out of this neck of the woods is under @ 5 feet of water by now.

The wife got out this morning and is safe on the other side of the flooded road and will be staying at a hotel in town.

It's going to be a long dam night.

Sorry, not one of the more comical posts I've made.
I'm a little worried right now.:(

F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site
I'm trapped at home.

The nice, quiet little creek in the back yard raised up about 6 feet so far but the flooding seems to be slowing a little now.
I don't think it will actually reach into the flat part of my property where my house sits but it might. :(
The water has only come up 2 or three inches in the last 4 hours or so, maybe the worst is over???:confused:

Thank god the house sit's on a 3 1/2' foundation.

My truck is in the driveway should I need to abandon my house but the water is rising very slowly in the street in front of the house.
When the street goes under by a foot or so I guess I'll have to try to get the truck up the hill a bit and leave it there but I can't really leave the house with 4 dogs here and one is only 3 mos. old.

I couldn't get any where near town because the ONLY road that leads out of this neck of the woods is under @ 5 feet of water by now.

The wife got out this morning and is safe on the other side of the flooded road and will be staying at a hotel in town.

It's going to be a long dam night.

Sorry, not one of the more comical posts I've made.
I'm a little worried right now.:(

I'm going to give your post a rating of "not that funny".

A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In 2006 the floodwater got up to the headlights and valve covers of my Chevelle and the restoration from that little incident cost me about $4000 and took @ 6 months.
It crested 10 inches from the floor level of the house and luckly, didn't reach the insulation under it. Whew!

The Chevelle is parked at a friends house right now.
That was the first thing to get moved this time.

The Sled trailer and motorhome are still parked here in the yard but the trailer is on real high ground and the motorhome is insured! (Dead batteries or I'd probably move it too)

I'll be worried all night trying to sleep and wondering if I'm going to wake up to see my truck under water.

I have my canoe tied to my front porch just in case.

This is what I get for buying in the valley with a creek in the back yard.

What I'm dealing with...

http://ahps2.wrh.noaa.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=sew&gage=glbw1&view=1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1

Last edited:
A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
I hate to answer my own post but per the graph I posted the link to,
THE RIVER HAS CRESTED AND IS DROPPING @ 8 miles up river.
THANK GOD!!!

It has also been downgrades from a flood level prediction of 22 feet to crest at @ 6:00 this evening.

WOOO HOOOO. :beer; :beer;

(I'm a little relieved, can you tell) ! :D

Y
Nov 26, 2007
north bend, wa
We're on the south fork behind safeway and it was just about 1ft below the top of the levy at 2pm, it had dropped about 6in, so we jumped in the truck and went to snoqualmie to help make sand bags. They were saying the southfork was done rising and the others were suppose to be done at 4. It was raging in downtown snoqualmie right at the parking lot level at the bowling alley....

sorry for you guys below the falls....:face-icon-small-sad

good thing ford will make it home, I'm tired of seeing him sleeping in the bushes by the bar and grill.....

F
Jan 23, 2002
on another site
Well boys and girls.... you can all relax as the Ford truck made it through no problem. Lifted trucks are great! Now, the 50 or so cars on the other side of the water will be sleeping there for awhile..... I can stay out of the bushes tonight.

Old man grandpa trucks like Graveler's are gay.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Rental....shag
Water skipping anyone?? 2pm

Nov1208flood001.jpg

This was at 2 PM

Nov1208flood011.jpg

Nov1208flood006.jpg

Shop is closed today!! At 7 PM it had come up almost another 3 feet

Nov1208flood019.jpg

Nov1208flood035.jpg

Nov1208flood025.jpg