• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation and Review: OFT Racing 2008-2010 Yamaha Nytro Steering Relocator Kit

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just received my new OFT 2010 Nytro Steering Relocator Kit, and was impressed with what arrived and wanted to share some impressions with everyone.

The kit arrived via US Mail, Priority, all sealed in one small neat box.

NOTE:
All photos are raw, untouched, shot in ambient light, with a hand-held camera.

picture.php

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Upon opening the box I was delighted to find all of the contents NICELY WRAPPED in bubble wrap to ensure that the polished and anodized finishes were WELL protected!

picture.php

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Opening the two small bubble wrapped packs revealed the primary parts of this kit.

picture.php

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looking more closely you can see what a nice job of machining OFT has done on these parts.
picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Black of course is a bear to shoot if your not in a studio with proper lighting, but here it is....

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Comments.

In general I am very impressed thus far.
The order came very quickly, it was well packed and it was complete.

The fit and finish is better than expected, which is a rate thing these days.

I was surprised that there were no instructions for installation, and that they choose to include a small slip of paper directing me to their website for installation details. That was until I went to the site and saw WHY they choose to do it that way.

OFT Racing has done a VERY NICE JOB on laying out a clear cut step by step procedure for doing this install yourself! 18 pages of color photos and easy to follow instructions.

Install Instructions

I plan on installing this kit next week, and will report back with additonal comments and details once it is on my sled.

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Comments.

In general I am very impressed thus far.
The order came very quickly, it was well packed and it was complete.

The fit and finish is better than expected, which is a rate thing these days.

I was surprised that there were no instructions for installation, and that they choose to include a small slip of paper directing me to their website for installation details. That was until I went to the site and saw WHY they choose to do it that way.

OFT Racing has done a VERY NICE JOB on laying out a clear cut step by step procedure for doing this install yourself! 18 pages of color photos and easy to follow instructions.

Install Instructions

I plan on installing this kit next week, and will report back with additonal comments and details once it is on my sled.

Thanks Christopher,

Let us know what you think of the install and the transformation of your Nytro after you get a chance to ride it. We might have another one for the 2009 that you have in your stable.

Scott

wrong section mr administrator

Sledskiing,

He's reviewing an aftermarket part that he purchased for a 4 stroke Yamaha. Was he supposed to post this in the Clothing section? Did I miss something here? Please enlighten me.

Scott

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN

CatWoman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
NW Montana
:doh:

Huh, I've never noticed that section before. Judging by the low number of threads in there, looks like a lot of other peeps haven't either. Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like the "beer smile" is gone too

Scott

It's a BRAND new section for product reviews. Hasn't been announced yet as some tweaking was still going on, and I'm sure Christopher will post this in there too. It is open to members for posting honest product reviews. :beer; :beer; (we still have beer!! :) )

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
I think Oft got caught in the Crossfire on this one...

They make great stuff...now you need to get their Big Nutz Axle kit...Pic below...

Picture167Medium.jpg

scmurs

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
It's a BRAND new section for product reviews. Hasn't been announced yet as some tweaking was still going on, and I'm sure Christopher will post this in there too. It is open to members for posting honest product reviews. :beer; :beer; (we still have beer!! :) )

That's a huge relief to me!! I thought the beer had run out ;)

:beer;

Oh, so good.

scmurs

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
wrong section mr administrator
Dear SLED SKIING.

When the review is FINISHED, then I will post it in the REVIEW SECTION.

But since it is a WORK IN PROGRESS, I thought it would be better off here.

And when its done please don't be offended by the notice your going to get that your reply has been deleted from the thread.

Thanks for your comments and concerns about my posting.
And have a wonderful day!!

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thanks Christopher,

Let us know what you think of the install and the transformation of your Nytro after you get a chance to ride it. We might have another one for the 2009 that you have in your stable.

Scott
You can count on it.
Yesterday I had the "opportunity" to take 10 "never-evers" out riding for their very first time.
I never dug so many sleds out in one day in my whole life!
I rode my Nytro harder than ever before, and am REALLY LOOKING FORWARD to getting your kit installed!!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am good to go.
Have a big smile on my face.

You announced my error in Size 7, so I just replied back to you in the same manner.

ALL IS WELL BUD!:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The kit was installed today.

Comments from installer at Rexburg Motor Sports..

1. The instruction manual and instructions made for a very easy install.

2. He encountered NO PROBLEMS of any kind installing the kit.

3. He was most impressed with the bushings you include with your kit. Commenting that other kits that have come through his shop often use the existing Yamaha bushings, which at about 1,000 miles will begin to wear and allow excess play in the steering column. He was impressed that you took the time and effort to make sure that wouldn't be a problem down the road.

4. For him personally, as a shorter lighter guy, he thinks the center of gravity for the rider will be significantly changed with the new location. (he will get a test ride on Saturday). But that for me, taller and heavier, that it should be great.

I will be riding the sled on Friday & Saturday and will then finish this report.

Premium Features