• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2.6 power claw mod

A
Nov 27, 2007
2.6 PC Mod works better in deep snow. Just the extra fingers is about 2.5lb. This modification gives up sidehill traction on set-up or hard pack snow. In harder/ wetter snow, the 2.6 PC stock will hold an edge better than the 3" PC. The 3" is meant for deeper drier snow.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Much better in all aspects. Holds the sidehill better and doesn't trench as bad. Also gained a little rpms with less rotating weight. There is a reason why they aren't there on the 3" tracks

W
Sep 26, 2014
I did the mod and got a chance to ride it...( I ride in western maine) Big improvement.. Less trenching and felt it got up on snow better. No issues sidehilling ...No regrets.

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Is there anyone that wishes they wouldn’t have cut the fingers off? I’m a flatlander but headed out to WY in a week for 6 days of riding and debating whether or not to do this mod?

Mar 7, 2017
West Bend, WI
Is there anyone that wishes they wouldn’t have cut the fingers off? I’m a flatlander but headed out to WY in a week for 6 days of riding and debating whether or not to do this mod?

Anyone? I’m interested if it’s gonna help that much but still hesitant/nervous to cut the track.. If I choose to do it I gotta do it soon.

Thanks

Cat00

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've done it to my last 2 sleds. The sled seems to get up on the snow better and climb better I have no complaints. I also ported both tracks 1, one inch and a quarter hole per pitch. With the porting and the small lugs cut off I lost 4 lbs according to my digital scale

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Not apples to apples but i put a 3in PC on my 14, i do not see any down sides, never thought 'hey my 2.6 would have done that better'

Alpha ......

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If I was cutting them off I'd cut flush with the top of the rubber covering the rod it sits on top of. Basically no nub left at all, but not deep enough to hit the fiberglass rod.

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
If I was cutting them off I'd cut flush with the top of the rubber covering the rod it sits on top of. Basically no nub left at all, but not deep enough to hit the fiberglass rod.

^^this. I'm on my second season, granted this hasnt been much of a season, but I have zero regrets cutting the fingers off after riding in all kinds of snow conditions. I've seen no negative effects.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Is it a cleaner cut(less tearing) if you use a metal blade with the sawzall?

It is the medium toothed blades that work best. The metal ones were too fine and didn't cut very fast, and the aggressive wood ones were a little too much. They actually grabbed the lugs and just vibrated a lot instead of cutting.

2 people makes it easier as one person can spin and hold the track while the other cuts

Premium Features