• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2007 M8/CF8 ECU reflash? Any news?

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
Just posting this to get it on the new forums. Has there been any new News? Racingstation mentioned sometime late Nov we would know, well we are in the final week of Nov.

S
Nov 26, 2007
I was just at my dealer getting my 05 M7 reflashed with the latest ECU reflash that came out earlier this spring of 07.

I asked him about the M8 reflash and he told me he had been contacting Arctic-Cat and they said no reflash planned at this time. He said they had originally been talking about a reflash, but have since said there wont be one.

If AC does cancell the planned reflash, you can bet its because it was causing warranty issues by going leaner.

Wish i had more news for you, but thats what my dealer just told me. If things change or if my info is incorrect, please let me know, as I want to get our M8 reflashed as well. :)

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
I posed a question to Sppedwerx and Bikeman this past October about this issue. This is a quote of the reply that speedwerx made.

"Talked to several guys at Cat. ( not a dealer, guys @ the factory ) The ecu changes for 08 are to make the sled run better/cleaner. The 08 ecu has more tunning points or peramaters that can be adjusted by Arctic cat when designing or making the stock fuel map or programs.

The 08 boxes can be put on a 07 but a 07 box will not work on an 08. There are progrmaming issues as well 07 boxes cannot be made into 08 boxes at this time not sure if they are going to have this at a later date or not.

Yes we will have these on the dyno but i do not expect to see a power change, just better drivability/performance on the snow."

S
Nov 26, 2007
sounds to me like the Reflash on the 07 M8's will likely not happen for awhile if they happen at all. Maybe my dealer was right. That sucks.

S
Nov 26, 2007
what does the new m7 reflash do as far as performance goes

I havent got my newly reflashed ECU back as of yet, so i dont know what it will do for "real world" seat-of-the-pants performance at this point.

BUT I was told that even after the ORIGINAL reflash for the M7's, alot of them still had a horrible low end bog and some through the mid-range, so my dealer told me this new reflash will clear up the bottom end and make it more crisp from bottom to mid-range.

Mine ran pretty good before, so he figured I might not notice much of a difference if any, but he said some ran so poorly and rich that it will seem like a whole new sled to some guys.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
m8 reflash

checked for option of buying 08 m8 black box..........1300 retail about 950cost, so that's a chunk of $$$.

Got an 08 box on my 07 m8, short ride felt good, definitely crisper on the bottom, wanting to cure the drool out of exhaust donut just over the injectors, won't know on that until a good 50 mile ride. Will have updated 07 box to test against next week.

Lots of rumors so I thought I'd give'r a try. Let you know.

D
Nov 26, 2007
Kettle Falls WA
checked for option of buying 08 m8 black box..........1300 retail about 950cost, so that's a chunk of $$$.

Got an 08 box on my 07 m8, short ride felt good, definitely crisper on the bottom, wanting to cure the drool out of exhaust donut just over the injectors, won't know on that until a good 50 mile ride. Will have updated 07 box to test against next week.

Lots of rumors so I thought I'd give'r a try. Let you know.

How did you score an update for your 2007 M8 ECU ???

I could definatly use some crisper on the bottom love :D
Please keep us updated!

D

DusterB

Nov 26, 2007
B-Town MT
I havent got my newly reflashed ECU back as of yet, so i dont know what it will do for "real world" seat-of-the-pants performance at this point.

BUT I was told that even after the ORIGINAL reflash for the M7's, alot of them still had a horrible low end bog and some through the mid-range, so my dealer told me this new reflash will clear up the bottom end and make it more crisp from bottom to mid-range.

Mine ran pretty good before, so he figured I might not notice much of a difference if any, but he said some ran so poorly and rich that it will seem like a whole new sled to some guys.

So is this "new" M7 reflash available? My 06 M7 had one reflash done and it has this horrible low end bog.

Jul 11, 2001
Waconia, MN
Just bringing this to the top again. Racinstation do you have any new info? Back before the switch over to the new forum you mentioned that there may be a new program for the ECU in the 2007 800's

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Thief River Round Trip

Been Running An 08 Box On My 07 M8, Cleanest Running Efi I Ever Owned, Narrowed My Piston Wash From 14mm Or So To Four Little Half A Small Finger Nail Wash At Each Corner.

Now ....the Sad Part Is The 08 Box Goes Back To My Dealer Tomarrow And My Box Is Back From Thief River Falls This Afternoon, No Idea If They Did Anything?

I'll Know Sunday, But Not Holding My Breath.

I Will Say Running My 07m8 With The 08 Box, Dd Y Pipe, I Would Say There's No Room For Any Mod Requiring More Gas. Barley Any Wash And R E A L C L E A N.............

Ran 75 Gram Weights, Gold Cat Spring Up To 7200 Ft, Over Revs A Little On The Lower Trails,

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
you can mod the 07 easily because it runs a little rich. the mapping is much closer on the 08 so almost any mod will need a fuel controller.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
back on the old box?

Ran an 08 box on my 07M8 for the last three weeks. Crisp and lean, lots of comments on how clean it ran.

My 07 box came back on wed and dealer needed the loaner box back on Friday before I could take both to the woods.

After three weeks at cat warranty and several phone calls about why the box was sent back, I reinstalled it witout us knowing if they rezapped it, or just sent it back.............no explanation.

Ran it today, fresh powder, and we avoided the new 3ft powder cause we were r&d'en a snowx kitted conversion. I was worried about going back to the old box. No problem, not as lean n' clean, but pulls great, more of that fat sort of no quit torque and better top end? Maybe it was the snow, maybe they worked some magic on the box, all three of us were impressed.

Bottom line though.............. three weeks and three different boxes, splitting hairs, different, but no quantrum leaps. DON'T THINK THE 07 BOXES ARE GIVING ANY THING TO THE 08, MAYBE A LITTLE GAS MILEAGE.

Today 07box, cold dry new powder, 25 degrees, 75 gram weights gold cat primary, reving about 76-77 @ 7500 ft altitude, over revs rat racing @ 4000ft were we left the truck. Same conditons with stock yellow/white it will pull 77's, ok...........didn't have 1/2 mile 45 degree hill,mostly pulling in 500ft powder climbs.

Big Dawg 51

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Walla Walla, WA
M7 Reflash

I was just at my dealer getting my 05 M7 reflashed with the latest ECU reflash that came out earlier this spring of 07.

I asked him about the M8 reflash and he told me he had been contacting Arctic-Cat and they said no reflash planned at this time. He said they had originally been talking about a reflash, but have since said there wont be one.

If AC does cancell the planned reflash, you can bet its because it was causing warranty issues by going leaner.

Wish i had more news for you, but thats what my dealer just told me. If things change or if my info is incorrect, please let me know, as I want to get our M8 reflashed as well. :)

I would like to know more about this newest M7 reflash. I know not everyone has been happy, I have heard it can go either way.

Thanks.

K
Nov 30, 2007
I just got back from the A/C dealer today. There are three service bulletin updates that came out today for the 07 M8's.

1. Replacement clip for servo motor. If the cables are frayed, they will replace.

2. (Bulletin No: 2008-1-02) ECU Reprogramming

CONDITION: It has been determined that under certain driving conditions such as operating at Wide-Open Throttle (WOT) or under a heavy load over an extended period of time, the snowmobile exhaust system temperature may reach an elevated level. In some cases, these conditions, along with backfiring, may cause distortion/discloration to the side panel/belly pan area.

SOLUTION: Remove the existing ECU (if necessary): then reprogram the ECU according to the instructions enclosed with the CATT reprogramming kit.

3.(Bulletin No:2008-1-05) CCU

CONDITION: The CCU memory may be corrupted or inadvertently altered if the module tries to store an error code while the engine is shutting down. If this condition should occur, none of the lights or hand warmers will work the next time the engine is started. There also will be no power to the exhaust valve servo motor. ( Engine will run but will go into a "fail safe" mode.

SOLUTION A: Install CCU update kit
This may involve replacing a CCU harness.

There you go, my finders need to rest.

Premium Features