SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Arctic cat 440zr-- is it too much power for a 9yr old?
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 12:17 AM
Currently: Restoring my old race sleds....
Reeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond reputeReeb has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

What model year are we taking? About 20hp difference depending on which sled you are referring to.
I was riding a MXZ470 and Jag Z 440 when I was 7. I wasn’t lighting the world on fire but I rode the hills and raced them both just fine.
It wasn’t until I was 10-11 and got a Prowler 136” that I was actually climbing and jumping and keeping up with the guys on the trail. Once I got on my Summit 500 at 12-13 I was outclimbing guys on stock Powder Special 600’s etc. At that point I was just one of the guys.

Now fast forward to my own kids. My daughter is 12 and can handle a F7 on the trails and in the fields but she’s not “handling” the sled well enough to take on a mountain trip. I hope the 440 Mountain Fan i built her will give her the ability to grow into my riding buddy out in the hills. She’s 5’ and 100lbs.

How much common sense does your kid have? I’m trying to get mine to leap frog into more common sense but I have a feeling I’ll be replacing lots of parts before she gets there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
'94 ZR 700 twin turbo mach z triple with a holly double
pumper and belt drive.......on NAWWWZ!!!
Together We Ride T+D 12-24-07

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reeb For This Useful Post:
bigcrash24 (01-12-2019), Idcatman3 (01-13-2019)