SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Teton county land grab by commissioners
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 11:07 PM
Currently: ..current
Goinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond reputeGoinboardin has a reputation beyond repute

It was my understanding that two commissioners wanted to vote yes on the current proposal, today, that came out of the WPLI committee (via a 2/3 vote there, NOT a consensus). However, three of the commissioners thought that was not right; moved to not vote today, and that is what happened: they did not vote. I'm not sure what the next move is, but it was good to see the three commissioners recognize that the motorized and mountain bike communities were NOT satisfied with the current proposal coming out of WPLI. WPLI was initially tasked with generating a proposal that satisfied all the user groups, within reason, through various compromises and discourse. After a few failed attempts to pen a proposal everyone could stand behind, there was a change from the consensus requirement to a 2/3 support requirement (by Teton County Commissioners). This enabled the non-motorized representatives to ignore the motorized/mechanized groups, and the current proposal that was under consideration today was doing just that. That's not right. Please try to stay tuned it, more input is surely going to be needed.

Keep in mind, whatever the commissioners decide, be it based on WPLI input or not, is not the final decision on what to do with the existing wilderness study areas. That is up to Congress, for better or for worse.

I'm not the most informed on any of this, so if you see an error in my post, feel free to correct me!

Last edited by Goinboardin; 10-09-2018 at 11:14 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Goinboardin For This Useful Post:
farmboy84 (10-11-2018), Naturally Aspirated (12-16-2018), willjogervais (10-10-2018), Zrider (10-11-2018)