• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws single pipe on 10-11 HO

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Hello,

I just bought a used jaws pipe for the 10-11 800HO and from what jaws tells me, is that I don't need a fuel controller. Does anyone have experience with this? I am at sea level and will only be at sea level. Jaws said that all I need to do is a plug check just to be sure. I've read alot of discussions on here were people say that the non 800HO doesn't need it but the 800HO does. However I'm assuming this is for elevation, not sea level. I don't see how Jaws could be giving bad advice but I'd like to hear first hand from someone who has ridden with the Jaws y-pipe/pipe/can combo at sea level. I also have a bdx intake.

I'd like to hear your thoughts/opinions.

Thank you

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
What all did you purchase? Just the pipe, or pipe and Ken, or Y pipe pipe and can? You will have a higher risk of burning down your sled at sea level then you would at elevation. You are pumping more air or denser air into the motor at sea level which could potentially give you a lean condition. Being that sled is all electronic, he should mix air and fuel consistently regardless of elevation. Which means you could potentially be running lean at sea level and equally as lean at elevation. If you are just running a new can you should not require a fuel controller if you are running a new pipe there is a good chance and you should get really good at reading your plugs if you do not put on a fuel controller

R
Who did you talk too? Tania answers the phone and she is very knowledgeable. She will be able to answer all of your questions.
If you want to talk right to the master, Greg, ask for him but make sure you have a pen and paper ready and make sure you know what you want to know...

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
It was Tania but just through email. They advertise the pipe as not needing a fuel controller at sea level, but I just wanted to hear first hand from someone else who has ridden with it, as apposed to a controlled enviroment like a dyno. Like I said, I'm sure they've tested it out in the snow and know for sure. I wonder what's different between their pipe and other brands of pipes. Why does the jaws not need a controller while other do?

No matter what I'll be doing a plug test when I install the pipe, just to be sure. The Y-pipe and pipe came with a boondocker fuel controller but Jaws said they don't even have numbers for the controllers since their pipe doesn't need them. So we shall see how it works out.

triple650

Lifetime Membership
Mar 18, 2009
Canadia
Interesting...my opinion....if you go with a programmer, go with Boondocker. Don't go near PCV. I had one on my pipe and it took my ECU out..$ 2400!!!! Boondocker works differently from PCV.

Yea the pipe came with a boondocker, but if I don't need it why use it? I have no idea how to work it lol. I was hoping someone who has ran this pipe at sea level would give some insight. I guess the M series section is slowly dying lol. I should have the rest of my sled put back together this week so next week I'll be able to atleast do some testing since we hardly have any snow. :(

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Not a lot of pipes on the 10-11 being run at sea level because there are just not a lot of gains to be had with any pipe on the 10-11. If you add it to porting or head mods it’s another story. I think RKtdk did some testing on this back in the day. Biggest gain is the weight savings from the can itself. SLP seemed to be most talked about, I know someone that ran a D&D setup and it was pretty solid, but this is the first chatter I’ve heard about the Jawz single on the 10-11! Lots of Jawz talk on the proclimb and Ascender platforms for sure. I hope it runs well for you, and hope you can give us feedback!

Thunder101

Premium Member
Feb 7, 2008
The BD box is easy ( read up on it or maybe YouTube) and buy a A/F ratio gauge . Ngk has a nice one ( Jaws sells them or did) that’s the best way tune and if your changing pipes your best tuning by A/F ratio.

Premium Features