• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need clutching help....Silber Pro rmk spiking rpm at throttle stab

K
Nov 28, 2016
my 2017 axys with silber is doing everthing you are explaining. if you ease onto the throttle it pulls hard all the way and tacks at 8450. but if you punch it right on bottom it has a sputter or like a boost surge then cuts out and goes again. ive had it to silber. there telling me my clutching should be what the clutching is on there 2.6 test sleds. mine has a 3" and I think something with the different gearing in the 3" isn't liking. by chance is yours a 3" too?

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
my 2017 axys with silber is doing everthing you are explaining. if you ease onto the throttle it pulls hard all the way and tacks at 8450. but if you punch it right on bottom it has a sputter or like a boost surge then cuts out and goes again. ive had it to silber. there telling me my clutching should be what the clutching is on there 2.6 test sleds. mine has a 3" and I think something with the different gearing in the 3" isn't liking. by chance is yours a 3" too?
2.6 and 3inch factory gearing is totally different. 3 inch factory gearing has a final of 2.52 with 7 tooth drivers. Very low. I feel as many others, to low for a turbo sled.The engine isn't getting loaded. For good all round riding shoot for 2.32. currently you have a 19/44 gearing divided by .92 for the 7 tooth=2.517. Change the top gear to a 20 = 2.39. Change the top to a 20 and the bottom to a 43=2.33.

Last edited:

Spiderman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Mn
Mine is 2.4 163. The belt is slipping when the power hits. Like sledhead said, u need to load it more. Steeper helix, more clutch weight, or go to higher rate springs to hold the belt or softer rate primary to make it not hit quite so hard. Check your belt, side clearance, alignment and deflection too. Your rpms are plenty high so I would add more clutch weight first and see what happens. If you watch ur rpms while stabbing the throttle you will see it or u can record it going over 8500 and hitting the limiter... which made mine cut out .

Last edited:
C
Just wanting to know if you ever got the clutching figured out on the 2014 silber kit having the same issue with one of my sleds. I have two silder kits one work flawless and the other farts and pop tried a couple of different kits and setups with the same out come.

2012 pro 163 with 14 external kit current setup flawless good from 2000ft to 8500ft, 800 plus miles on belts 3000 miles on boost

40av/60 92
7psi
pink team
76.5 rooster
44/48
orange black

2014 pro 155 tki belt driv with 15 external kit farts and pops best we have gotten it to run with setup below

50av/50 92
7psi
red team
75 Indy Dan's
42/46
black orange

Premium Features