• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

80+hp n/a possible????

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
Was going to turbo my 520 this year but my builder has hinted that there is a setup coming this fall that will be running in the mid 80hp range naturally aspirated. Im not going to name the builder as it is still in testing stages but has anybody ever built anything with this kind of output before? Sounds great but thats a tonne of power for n/a.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Until you hit 10000 feet but still a huge step forward.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Nope I am excited as well about this can't wait to hear.. mine rides like a 2 stroke...

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Did you still retain bottom end and torque?

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Yup. It's actually stronger everywhere. keeps climbing where the stock setup quits reving.

Stock, they are all wrapped up by about 6500 rpm.

M
Jan 14, 2004
They used the wrong sized seals in my motor, twice, which subsequently came apart and destroyed the motor. I don't know how they even forced them in there. I have documentation showing the wrong part numbers used. I sent it back to them and had it rebuilt a second time, they never caught THEIR mistake the second time either and it came apart again with ZERO hours on the snow, light dirt use only, all forest roads and trail riding. The second rebuild wasn't free either. Travis told me too bad for me. So I've basically dropped $4K CDN with them and have a box of bent parts to show for it. I wouldn't let them touch my lawnmower.

Buyer beware, they talk a good story but there is always some drama or other going on there so they slap stuff together just to get it out the door.

M5

A
Jan 15, 2010
Sherwood Park AB
They used the wrong sized seals in my motor, twice, which subsequently came apart and destroyed the motor. I don't know how they even forced them in there. I have documentation showing the wrong part numbers used. I sent it back to them and had it rebuilt a second time, they never caught THEIR mistake the second time either and it came apart again with ZERO hours on the snow, light dirt use only, all forest roads and trail riding. The second rebuild wasn't free either. Travis told me too bad for me. So I've basically dropped $4K CDN with them and have a box of bent parts to show for it. I wouldn't let them touch my lawnmower.

Buyer beware, they talk a good story but there is always some drama or other going on there so they slap stuff together just to get it out the door.

M5
That's frustrating for sure.
I simply got their cylinder and gaskets shipped so pretty tough toscrew up.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
That sucks for sure. Luckily I've had good luck with everything I've gotten from Thumper.

About the only way I could see 80hp NA is with one of their 600BB/Stroker kits on the RFS motor. Porting, +1mm valves, 43.5mm carb bore, high compression, billet crank, custom cam, and full exhaust. There have been a few guys that have put this combo in KTM quads.

If you're going there I'd be for making sure you had all new transmission parts and get them micro finished. That's going to be the weak link then.

Last edited:
Premium Features