• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo 2019 Product Updates

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Just picked up my 19 850 skidoo! :face-icon-small-ton Question for you guys, do you know if the T-Motion lockout kits for the 18 will work on the 19? I was at the parts shop and they had mentioned how a few things were adjusted on the exhaust can when i picked up my HPS Silencer as well as the other 19 updates. I would appreciate any help or opinions on which T Motion lock out kit you prefer!

I have this one. Quality product

https://munstercanada.com/collections/frontpage/products/t-motion-delete-tds01b

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I remember in the "old days" when we used to bolt plates on the secondary clutch sides to stop any windage effect.

Hmmmm .... :face-icon-small-con

Did your plate go all the way to the the center and the outside edge?

I remember seeing them, but I don't recall the exactly.

A plate bolted over the fins on the back side of the stationary half of the primary clutch could very well [greatly] IMPROVE flow.

If the surface is just open - it won't "pump". But if you plate off the middle, the centrifical force will pull air in to the center and throw it out at the bigger diameter.

I have used this trick many times on the engine lathe as an example. If the part is hollow, I can leave the lathe run and it will draw air in through the center of the part, and the 3 jaws of the chuck will produce a fanning effect.

Another example is the chimney effect. I had a ventless LP gas burner on the wall of my shop. The glass got busted out, but I wasn't worried about anyone getting hurt. So I left it alone. 'Till one day I came back after dinner only to smell FIRE! It took some time to find it, but it was the OSB behind this heater smouldering.

W/O the front glass plate installed, the heat just radiates away, but with the plate installed, the heat draws fresh air in through the bottom and the heat is taken away out the top, leaving the back much cooler.

One is heat generated, and the other is centrifical force generated, but still both the same end effect.

Now maybe the old clutches were completely covered (seems to me they were?) but that was 90hp ago too.

Point being, that if designed for this porpoise, a plate there would actually much increase your cooling effect. (I have not seen it)

Kwillman

Premium Member
Nov 24, 2014
Oregon
You misunderstood. Any claim that is made will be proved a premature failure or not by BRP. Whether the claim was made last year or if it is today or if it is in the future.

There are a couple levels (call your dealer for all situations):

1.) You have a '17 or '18 and have had no issues:

-Wait til you do because majority didn't so the updates might not help you, only add vibration at low RPMs

2.) You have a '17 or '18 and had issues:

-Made a claim: BRP will look through evidence to see if it is what they believe was caused by vibration or belt clamping force
-Didn't make a claim: Gather up all your evidence and go start a claim. BRP still has to determine if it is what they see as a premature failure

3.) You just bought a '17 or '18 before this data was released but have no way to know if yours is defective. Call your dealer cause this is the gray area. :

-The article says sleds that are registered will need to make a claim (These are ones that have likely been purchased and have been registered with BRP's warranty).
-Sleds that are not registered will not have to make a claim(these are ones on the showroom floors) dealer is supposed to update the sled before it is sold.

4.) Your '17, '18, or '19 is sitting on the showroom floor:

-All '17s and '18s are supposed to be updated since they are not registered. Ask to make sure the dealer completed the updates if the sled is a '17 or '18.
-'19s come from factory with all updates.

So i plan to pick up a 2018 165 today off the showroom floor. After reading several post regarding the updates. This sled should have the new motor mounts and the secondary spring installed correct?
Thanks for the help.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
So i plan to pick up a 2018 165 today off the showroom floor. After reading several post regarding the updates. This sled should have the new motor mounts and the secondary spring installed correct?
Thanks for the help.

Yes it should. Also should have the new clutch cover and vent in the side panel. You are going to love this sled!

Also should have the new clutch cover and vent in the side panel.

Dealer told me all updates were done on the 2018 I bought new last month. I definitely don't have a vent in the side panel? I am not sure what an updated clutch cover vs. the old one looks like so I cant tell you about that.

Are those two updates mentioned above supposed to be on new 2018's before OTD?

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Your on your own to pay for the vent and clutch cover are finned secondary.

Premium Features