• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"FBF" Throttle/Oil Cables

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
It includes the oil pump cable as well. Only difference is it doesn't have that elbow that attaches from the throttle body to the oil pump, so it goes directly to the oil pump from the throttle. That way you can be able to take your throttle body off without disconnecting the cable @ throttle body.
Are they hard to install? Haven't looked at my stock cable to see how hard it would be yet but would love to get one of these. It stops the sticking oil pump problem right?

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Are they hard to install? Haven't looked at my stock cable to see how hard it would be yet but would love to get one of these. It stops the sticking oil pump problem right?

The dual cable eliminates all the linkage from the throttle to the oil lever with the second cable splicing off the throttle cable.

Takes about 20 minutes to install.

Makes the throttle much easier to squeeze.

Again have the 50 inch cable for $35 delivered.

The proceedure is posted here ... can you find it?

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut

They are easy to install. Once installed you will be able to take the throttle bodies off without having to take the link off between the throttle body cable to the oil pump cable which is a pain with the stock cable. Also the brass or copper elbow on the stock cable keeps breaking so that is another reason the new cables were designed.
It will not help much with the sticky oil pump but you can find any spring that isn't too stiff and put it on the oil pump lever which will make the lever return to "zero" every time. Haven't done that myself but that is what others have been doing.
As for the install (should be fbf cable install) it is here in the 900 "how to's" or "useful links" which are stickied at the top of forum. A lot of great reading here on the 900's in those stickies.
One thing when you click on the link in the stickies they will be broken. The old threads started www.snowest.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179 and all you need to do to the links is add the word online which will be www.snowestonline.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=179 to the links in the stickies.

Welcome to snowest and enjoy all the reads.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Don.... I'm a bit confused here...

How long have you had these?

Can you post some good resolution pics?

I piggy backed onto a large order from a sled parts company a couple years ago. Also bought inventory on a couple goin out of business sales. I bought 100 or more ... have about a dozen left over sitting in the comforts of the office in the house.

Around the same time I bought a 1000 Scott 89xi turbo goggles and sold them on here. I think I sold those two pairs for $60 delivered and the truckload of synthetic gease ... sold those for $2 dollars a can

Bought them fall 2009 ... here is the Snowest post http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181604

I will try to get pics ... had surgery and lots of time this month (don't tell the wife) ... only hassle is just one arm until I heal.

I know I posted pics on here a while back ... of the entire cable , all 3 ends and the splice area.

Plus some moron stole our camera.

Nice talking with you ERIC.

Last edited:
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
I piggy backed onto a large order from a sled parts company a couple years ago. Also bought inventory on a couple goin out of business sales. I bought 100 or more ... have about a dozen left over sitting in the comforts of the office in the house.

Around the same time I bought a 1000 Scott 89xi turbo goggles and sold them on here. I think I sold those two pairs for $60 delivered and the truckload of synthetic gease ... sold those for $2 dollars a can

Bought them fall 2009 ... here is the Snowest post http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=181604

I will try to get pics ... had surgery and lots of time this month (don't tell the wife) ... only hassle is just one arm until I heal.

I know I posted pics on here a while back ... of the entire cable , all 3 ends and the splice area.

Plus some moron stole our camera.

Nice talking with you ERIC.

Then these aren't the FBF cables or the Motion Pro. Must be a cheap knock off of the stock design? Would be nice to see a pic of what it is. Seen a couple 900 cables on ebay bought haven't looked at them as they were aftermarket but had a pic of a different design for a diff model so steared clear of them after no answer about what type of cable it was.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Then these aren't the FBF cables or the Motion Pro. Must be a cheap knock off of the stock design? Would be nice to see a pic of what it is. Seen a couple 900 cables on ebay bought haven't looked at them as they were aftermarket but had a pic of a different design for a diff model so steared clear of them after no answer about what type of cable it was.

How would they be a cheap knock off?
How many of my cables have you purchased?
Since you never seen one why do you declare they are a cheap knock off?

Both FBF, Motion Pro, and mine are aftermarket cables ... because they are not the pure polaris cable design and linkage inferior to the aftermarket replacement product.

Call up MOTION PRO and ask how much the cable would cost if you bought a 100 or 500 cables.

Motion Pro, Inc.
867 American Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Tel: 650.594.9600 Fax: 650.594.9610

I think you should familiarize yourself with EOQ

Last edited:
S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
How would they be a cheap knock off?
How many of my cables have you purchased?
Since you never seen one why do you declare they are a cheap knock off?

Both FBF, Motion Pro, and mine are aftermarket cables ... because they are not the pure polaris cable design and linkage inferior to the aftermarket replacement product.

Call up MOTION PRO and ask how much the cable would cost if you bought a 100 or 500 cables.

Motion Pro, Inc.
867 American Street
San Carlos, CA 94070
Tel: 650.594.9600 Fax: 650.594.9610

I think you should familiarize yourself with EOQ

My bad, didn't mean any harm. Just thought they were the ones that I remember seeing a few years ago on ebay. Tried questioning them a few times about there cable and wouldn't get an answer properly. They had a few cables in the pic and all they would answer was it was one of the ones in pic but didn't see any for the oil cable end. All they would answer after that was either buy the product and find out or do not ask any questions anymore. Then a few weeks afterwards they were no where to be found.

Sorry didn't mean to get on your nerves. Already have the FBF cable and hope for others sake that yours and motion pro's are similar to his as stock ones really do suck. Went through 2 sets before got the fbf and also ease of working on engine by being able to take off throttle bodies with the fbf ones and no more oil cable elbow to worry about breaking.

Hope the healing for you speeds up so you can get some riding done this coming season.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
My bad, didn't mean any harm. Just thought they were the ones that I remember seeing a few years ago on ebay. Tried questioning them a few times about there cable and wouldn't get an answer properly. They had a few cables in the pic and all they would answer was it was one of the ones in pic but didn't see any for the oil cable end. All they would answer after that was either buy the product and find out or do not ask any questions anymore. Then a few weeks afterwards they were no where to be found.

Sorry didn't mean to get on your nerves. Already have the FBF cable and hope for others sake that yours and motion pro's are similar to his as stock ones really do suck. Went through 2 sets before got the fbf and also ease of working on engine by being able to take off throttle bodies with the fbf ones and no more oil cable elbow to worry about breaking.

Hope the healing for you speeds up so you can get some riding done this coming season.

Thank youy for the kind words for my healing.

The Polaris cable setup is completely different over the FBF spliced throttle / oil cable.

The Polaris set up is one cable unspliced going to the throttle. From there a second cable from the throttle linkage goes to the oil lever.
The linkage and routing of the stock oil cable can sieze ... hopefully at full open cause if it siezes at idle the motor will run lean and you will score a cylinder.

(I have stock throttle cables very superior to stock (stainless steel sleeve) if anyone wants them. Bot them from Gravity Worxs.)

What these cables do is splice off the throttle cable prior to the throttle linkage and the second cables sheath bolts up to the adjustment bracket.

The cable itself secures to the oil lever and eliminated the issue of a second cable linkage freeze.

Basically there is a little guide tube the stock oil cable goes through and it collects dirt and water and then freezes up the linkage or the dirt eventually cut/stretched the cable.

When you

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

One thing I forgot to mention...

The Motion Pro cable comes without being lubed so you MUST lube it before installation.

I am not sure where FBF got the cables he sold although I suspect it may have been Motion Pro as some of the hardware and lableing appear to be exactly the same. Also not sure who made the cables Don has. What I do know is that with all of the quads, dirt bikes, street bikes and water craft I have had over the last 30 years and now snowmobiles, I have used Motion Pro cables for a long time and they are a top notch product. I'm not saying the cables Don has are not top notch either and we all know the ones FBF had made were top notch. I simply needed a cable and Don wasn't here to sell me one at the time :face-icon-small-hap and I couldn't get a hold of FBF so I went with a known company.

John

Last edited:
M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
Looked around on motion pro's website but couldn't find the cable, guess you have to call and ask about it?

Yes you have to give them the unique part number for the cable that I posted above. This is a custom cable as far as Motion Pro is concerned and that's why each and every one of these cables takes about 8 or 9 days to complete.

John

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
One thing I forgot to mention...

The Motion Pro cable comes without being lubed so you MUST lube it before installation.

I am not sure where FBF got the cables he sold although I suspect it may have been Motion Pro as some of the hardware and lableing appear to be exactly the same. Also not sure who made the cables Don has. What I do know is that with all of the quads, dirt bikes, street bikes and water craft I have had over the last 30 years and now snowmobiles, I have used Motion Pro cables for a long time and they are a top notch product. I'm not saying the cables Don has are not top notch either and we all know the ones FBF had made were top notch. I simply needed a cable and Don wasn't here to sell me one at the time :face-icon-small-hap and I couldn't get a hold of FBF so I went with a known company.

John

I don't think FBF cables came from Motion Pro in California. If memory serves me right the manufacturer was on the east coast in the general area of HTG. Still trying to find the invoice for the ones I bought.

Cable and hose manufacturers are everywhere. Most of them buy the materials from a very few number of manufacturers. I've bought one item specialty hoses all over the USA and it is common (at least for my items) to have the hose or sheath of the cables from the same manufactuere.

Like Goodyear, Gates ... making hoses.

I am surprised Motion Pro does not use a graphite impregnated lining in the cable. Is this a California restriction or just cheaper to make? Can you ask for the graphite impregnated cable?

Last edited:
M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cable

I ordered one. thanks for all that you did so we could get them.:face-icon-small-hap

You're quite welcome!

How did the ordering go? Did they have any problems with identifying the cable when you gave them the part number?

John

R
Dec 17, 2006
You're quite welcome!

How did the ordering go? Did they have any problems with identifying the cable when you gave them the part number?

John
it went well, they had to put me hold and then came back and ask is this the one that someone put up on the internet and I said yes ,and he told me they had to make it. that it would take about 7-9day to get it . thanks again

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Thats great. Will be a great improvement over stock I'm sure. Post up some pics so others can see what they are and get some ordered before the snow falls.

Ya get some pics up here. All I got back was a supeona from the police to testify about the kid who stole our camera. Cops won't give my camera ( it's evidence) back till after the trial ... in December !

Premium Features