• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ahhh, our great President of the United States

S
Nov 21, 2007
im working on my expatining.....not sure if its a word but anyway, an expat! a country where i can ride my bike in peace, drunk or sober! i cant vote anyway.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
As far as I am concerned. I do not care what they do to detainees. If the information they get from them saves one of our military's personell it was well worth it.

S
Nov 21, 2007
As far as I am concerned. I do not care what they do to detainees. If the information they get from them saves one of our military's personell it was well worth it.

part of what our military personal are doing over there is to stop this same kind of treatment.....hmm, whatever.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
part of what our military personal are doing over there is to stop this same kind of treatment.....hmm, whatever.

Apples and oranges.
You are compairing water boarding to skinning someone alive.
There is a little difference.
The US military doesn't kill one of your childeren while you watch and tell you if you don't do what they want, they will kill the rest of your family.

I don't care if they water board the entire lot of em. Other than scaring the chit outta them it does no harm.
The people over in the middle east think nothing of drilling holes in you, or burning you alive. That is torture.

I am so sick of the screaming liberals trying to compare our military to the terrorist. Get a clue.

H
Jan 28, 2004
How exactly is Bush responsible for the "torture" that was done by a few soldiers? I doubt he sent orders telling them to have them do naked pyramids.......

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
So, where's the liberal Muslim outcry, over how radical Muslim extremist treat their prisoners? Oh wait, they torture them all to death. Never mind.

If this is the worst thing Bush has done............

S
Nov 21, 2007
not compairing the two at all. every society has there own idea of whats acceptable and the norm. as americans we have ours which differ from, in this case, iraq. I could see a whole country crying out if we treaded our own criminals like this. in fact just look at youtube with the taser videos plaster all over it. makes headlines. people, americans object. so to try and say we can treat others like this, but not our own, or they do that so we can do this? grow up man. liberal? i think not. me, im on my own side and just call it like I, yes like I see it.
Team america, world police. F**K YEAH!

plumnuts

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Right side of Washington
How exactly is Bush responsible for the "torture" that was done by a few soldiers? I doubt he sent orders telling them to have them do naked pyramids.......

really need to understand what torture is.. it is not being made to strip naked and pose for a camera, wear a stupid hat, or have a dog bark at you... nor is it waterboarding. Torture is cutting peoples limbs off and then there head.. killing your family members one by one until you get compliance.. using electrical tools in ways that are horrible

With all the BS organizations with their lawyers, they will go after all the assets and try to charge President Bush with jay walking if they think it would help. If the current legal conditions were on now, I would bet President Truman would have himself pardoned too (and if you don't remember what Truman did, and it was the right thing, and yea he was a Democrat...look it up)

SAWYER

Lifetime Membership
Jan 12, 2006
Kingston Idaho

Excactly. Everyone is so eager to point the finger at the president when something wrong happens. He can't control everything that everyone does. I say everyone quit *****ing about ****.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. I love this country

snow_knight

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Black Hills,SD
Excactly. Everyone is so eager to point the finger at the president when something wrong happens. He can't control everything that everyone does. I say everyone quit *****ing about ****.

GOD BLESS AMERICA. I love this country

HOLY CHIT.. somebody actually understands.. wow.... was starting to think that all americans were FUGGN dumb..

3 of my best friends just got back for a 1 1/2 tour running pow jails.. Those prisoners (most of which are there for killing or trying to kill U.S. solders) get treated better a lot of americans.. Their cells and food was better than what the actual soldiers had..

You people listen to what the media tells you.. When actually the media doesnt know chit about what is going on over there.. you only see the things they want you to see....

Just think if Kerry would be our current president.. we would all be learning to speak ariabic right now... Even more scary.. think of what happens if hillary gets in :eek:... good bye to the U.S.A that we have all come to love

God bless the U.S.A. and all of our soldiers that have ever served..

Remeber to thank a veteran.. you owe them.. period

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
Not condoning torture, I just see a huge imbalance in the way we Americans beat on ourselves for our actions, and yet never seem to mind our fully uniformed and recognized soldiers not being given any accordance to the Geneva Convention.

Do you really want to follow the letter of the Geneva Convention? Good, charge them as POWs, and put them in a POW camp and hold them until the end of hostilities. Exactly, how would you define the end of terrorism? And, where do we repatriate them too, when it's over?

The ruling of the Supreme Court dealt with deviations from the Geneva Convention, on what kind of court it should be, a commission, or a full military tribunal. The Supreme Court has not dealt with the torture issue.

Oh, and I believe most of these prisoners where picked up in Afghanistan. A internationally recognized action of self defense, against a non state aligned , non uniformed gang of terrorist.

Personally, I believe there are better ways of getting information than torture. Seems a little dark ages to me. I say fix it so that it does not happen again. Besides, if Hillary gets into office, Bush can always just buy a pardon.

W

wildcard

RIP Brian
Nov 26, 2001
Just wondering what you think is happening to our captured troops and contractors? Where is the outrage there?
I was chating one day with one of my iraqi interpraters (oh man, time to stops posting tonight) and he had been held and questioned and "tortured" by US troops as wall as Sadams thugs. He laughed at what we call torture! I don't care if we are doing eye for eye if it gets the name of one islamic wacko it's worth it. Im tired of being the nice guy. Break out the bad stuff and lets end this.

S
Nov 21, 2007
well its always lovely talking politics, along with anything else with all of my snowest friends, but i got social d in my head, booze in my veins and a bicycle outside. ill roll the dice and see where i end up tonight. i just hope its warm. :)

and if all else fails just remember the quote you heard form the famous,or infoumous, Sand2Snow...
its always,
"nothing death cant cure"
:beer;:face-icon-small-win

Premium Features