SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Project 2001 RMK 700 Rebuild.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Currently: '14 m8 SP 153-hyvos, dmnd-s, anti-stb,
Vern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond reputeVern has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

May be able to get the jugs renikasiled(sp?), will probably need renik'd if bored out at all also. I don't know how you would check it with the engine apart, but might want to check out the pto crank seal. On a 99 I had I lost the pto side piston and everything else appeared good so I slapped a new piston and jug on it and a short time later it ate the piston again. I did some investigating and found I had a blown crank seal so split the case and the bearings on the pto side of the crank were also toast so had to have the crank rebuilt also. Not tryin to scare you, it may just be a piston. just sayin do as much investigating as you can while its apart to prevent possible future problems.

Rate this post: Yes | No