SnoWest Snowmobile Forum - View Single Post - Project 2001 RMK 700 Rebuild.
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:00 PM
Currently: Waiting for snow
Basic Member
alaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond reputealaska_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Got everything apart and had my mechanic buddy look at it. He said the jugs are salvageable, but one of the jugs may beyond the point of honing... So maybe a .20 over kit may be in my future. I could feel the grooves with my finger nail. Ran way too lean for sure. The top ring on the PTO side was seized.

I am going to take my jugs to a local machine shop and get them done right. The bottom end seems to be ok (whew).

Going to go with a SPI kit.

Both pistons had some seize marks, but overall they weren't horrible. Could have been MUCH worse.

Here is a picture of the piston at 90PSI. Most the damage was on the exhaust port on both pistons... This one being really bad, and the other just some light scratches.

Last edited by alaska_guy; 11-09-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Rate this post: Yes | No